Public Interest Network Development Operations Administrator
Are you an organized person who cares about the future of the planet, believes that elections should be decided by voters rather than big money, and thinks we should protect public health over corporate profits? Do you believe that organizing and advocacy have the potential to solve the problems that you are most concerned about? Are you interested in supporting the fundraising infrastructure that provides the financial resources that enables organizers and advocates to create social and political change?
The Public Interest Network’s Donor Development Team is hiring an Operations Administrator.
Our team builds people power by deepening the financial and political support of individual citizens, raising more than $1.5 million annually to fund social change work to protect the environment, our health, and our overall well-being.
Your job as the operations administrator will be to work with our team of full-time and part-time major donor fundraisers and empower them to build life-long relationships with our organization’s top members through supporting our training program, reporting systems, and assisting with special projects as needed.
We are looking for skilled candidates with a demonstrated commitment to social change and an appreciation of the importance of activism. Applicants must be goal-driven, attentive to detail, and have a problem-solving orientation.
Additionally, top candidates will:
- Have excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs, and ideally have some experience coding in VBA and/or Apps Script;
- Be goal driven and have a track record of academic success and proven leadership ability;
- Be flexible, embrace new challenges, have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic;
- Have demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in solving problems; and
- Be able to work independently and creatively, as well as take direction and work as part of a team.
Compensation & Benefits
Target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. A minimum 2-year commitment is required.
Portland, OR or Seattle, WA
Representative responsibilities of the Donor Department Administrator include:
- Effectively organizing critical team meetings, trainings, and other events.
- Updating the team’s reporting systems.
- Driving fundraising goals.
- Assisting with producing and executing donor cultivation and stewardship tactics.
- Part-time major donor fundraising on behalf of Public Interest Network organizations.
Building the Public Interest Network groups or departments through ongoing recruitment outreach.
How to Apply
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network is home to 16-plus organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values about our work and a coordinated strategic approach to getting things done. Visit https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.