The Osteosarcoma Institute is looking for a full-time Chief Development Officer to help grow our organization in the fight to overcome osteosarcoma. This position can be based in Dallas, TX. We will also consider candidates from outside the area.
Why do we exist?
Osteosarcoma is a cancer that primarily strikes adolescents and young adults, and research has not made significant progress in improving outcomes or identifying new therapies in metastatic osteosarcoma patients in over 30 years. About 1/3 of patients diagnosed die of the disease. This is a challenge answered by the Osteosarcoma Institute, a 501(c)3 public charity dedicated to dramatically improving the life expectancy of relapsed and metastatic patients.
Launched in 2017, the organization has an Executive Board and Scientific Advisory Board comprised of top physicians, scientists and other leaders in cancer research from across the country. This dedication to improving the lives of osteosarcoma patients makes the Institute a young, dynamic, and passionate organization offering huge potential for growth for all those who join us.
Seeking an ambitious, positive, and experienced candidate with proven leadership in fundraising to help plan, develop, and implement an effective and efficient fundraising and development operation. Additionally, this person should have an interest in creating an integrated social/digital fundraising mechanism capable of reaching relevant audiences on local and national levels. The Chief Development Officer must be a self-starter and skilled in liaising with and bringing together medical leaders, corporate partners, national nonprofits, community leaders, and volunteers to further the organization’s goals.
The Executive leadership team, including the Director and Chairs of the Executive and Scientific Advisory Boards.
- Execute an overall strategic plan for an integrated development model which supports the overall mission of the organization.
- Create and solidify an innovative and coordinated development infrastructure to support fundraising goals.
- Develop, cultivate, solicit, and steward a diversity of donors and prospects.
- Direct and implement effective social media strategy that includes relevant platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Maintain excellent communication with the leadership team and board members of the Institute and effectively enlist them in fundraising efforts.
- Manage budgets and reporting in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensure that reporting systems are complete, efficient, accurate and monitored.
- Oversee event management and logistics as needed.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 5-10 years of fundraising experience preferred, particularly with multi-million dollar campaigns.
- Basic skill with Microsoft Office and database management.
- Experience with running campaigns in the social media and digital space.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with ability to connect with all audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed to relevant conferences and meetings.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.