Nature Vision is a non-profit environmental education organization that fosters appreciation and stewardship of our environment by educating and connecting community to the world around us. We envision an inspired and connected culture where everyone makes choices for a sustainable future. Nature Vision brings place based, experiential science programming directly to schools and local greenspaces to ensure that all students receive quality nature connections. We serve over 70,000 Pre-K through 12th grade students each year in King and Snohomish Counties.
Our programming supports the Washington State K-12 Learning Standards and STEM Education and can be easily integrated into schools. Many of our lessons set conceptual foundations and repeat visits help connect one lesson with another. Nature Vision facilitates student access to nature and scientific concepts, thus developing a deep-rooted student interest in making the natural world a necessary and integrated part of daily life.
At Nature Vision, we value:
- Empowerment through stewardship education and practices
- Diversity of staff, partners, and the communities we reach
- Creativity and collaboration within our staff, programs, and partnerships
- Integrity through best business and teaching practices
- Scientifically accurate program content
- A fun and safe learning environment
We are seeking an Office Coordinator with a high level of organization, customer service aptitude, and flexibility. Our work reaches many diverse students and teachers in our region and the Office Coordinator will be the first point of contact for our organization.
Works closely with Nature Vision Executive Director, Education Managers, and teaching staff. Training is provided by the Nature Vision team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Program Registration and Scheduling:
- Maintaining and updating programming schedule in Access database
- Processing all new program registrations and confirming with teachers
- Assigning programs to staff
- Answering all teacher inquiries via phone or email promptly
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Sending program confirmations, staff schedules, and teacher evaluations weekly
- Maintaining online availability calendars weekly
- Assisting with Nature Vision Preschool annual enrollment
- Generating simple reports of programs for funders
- Generating reports of programs for Bookkeeper for invoicing
- Processing simple background checks of staff and volunteers
- Creating procedures and revision of existing procedures to increase position and registration efficiency
Education Team Support
- Routing emails and calls to staff about programming and organization
- Putting together supplies and handouts for programs
- Ordering and cleaning supplies as needed
- Creation of new program props as needed
- Retrieving mail and supply team orders
- Social media posting
- Advertising programs to teachers
Other duties as assigned.
Summer work includes assisting at onsite summer day camp in Redmond or other KC locations as needed.
Minimum Qualifications:A combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform job duties above and work with diverse educators is required.
- Experience in program registration, nonprofits, education, and/or related fields required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Access desired.
- Ideal candidate is highly organized and efficient, with a passion for coordinating high quality educational experiences for youth.
- Ability to work in an open and active office environment.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to read, speak, and write the English language clearly.
- Must pass WA State Patrol criminal records check.
Special Requirements:Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers’ License and own insured vehicle to occasionally drive to schools, field sites, or the Nature Vision Preschool. Maintain current Adult, Child and Infant CPR/AED and First Aid certificates. Must be able lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Salary: $18 per hour. 10 paid holidays (set), vacation time accrued at 1.54 hours for every 40 hours worked, and sick time accrued at 1 hour for every 40 hours worked. 401K without match available. Mileage paid at federal rates for round trip travel to program sites or for errands from our office in Woodinville, WA.
Hours:Full time 40 hours/week. 32 hours per week may be possible if desired.
Start Date: 10/21/19
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume as one .pdf or .doc attachment to Ginny Ballard, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org Oct 7, 2019 at 5 pm PST. Interviews will take place Oct 9-14. Please note if your preference is 32 hours per week.