About the Peterson Foundation
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is working to secure a healthy, growing economy by addressing America's long-term fiscal challenges. The Foundation partners with leading policy experts, elected officials and the public to build support for solutions to put America on a sustainable fiscal path. As a non-partisan organization, the Foundation engages in grant-making, partnerships and research to educate and involve Americans from a variety of perspectives.
Tackling complex fiscal issues and fostering meaningful action requires developing a broad reach with a high impact public profile. To be successful, the Foundation must leverage sophisticated communications strategies geared toward public policy "influentials" and the American public at large.
Reporting to the Director of Grants Management, this position is a key contributor to grantmaking function of the Foundation.
Foundation & Grantee Support:
- Oversees initial screen to weed out and respond to ineligible concepts and proposals.
- Advises grantees and directs staff around day-to-day grant operations (e.g., modification guidelines; reporting requirements)
- Attends various meetings and prepares materials to facilitate discussion and decision-making regarding proposals for funding.
- Serves on cross-functional team to ensure functionality and transparency on the Foundation website and the design and implementation of features to serve the information needs of potential grantees.
- Offers assistance to grant applicants and serve as principal administrative contact on status of inquiries, proposals in process and grants approved.
- Manages grant-related correspondence including communicating approval/rejection
- Conducts needs analysis for grant managements systems and process flow for applications — from initial inquiry through closeout; maps existing grant process and recommend improvements; evaluates the online inquiry and application process and offers recommendations.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of all aspects of grants processing.
- Monitors and reports on the current status of proposals (formal applications and initial letters of inquiry or concept papers).
- Monitors and reports on the current status of active/approved grants (Paid/Payable/Reports).
- Advises staff on basic elements of regulatory compliance.
- Reviews grantee documentation for completeness and ensure that Finance has the information needed for compliance, audit and 990 preparations.
- Interfaces with Finance on disbursements and monitors compliance with periodic reporting requirements.
- Works with legal counsel on agreements and processes grant agreements for signature
Technology & Data Management:
- Ensures efficiency through implementation of technology tools.
- Trains staff in processes and technology.
- Mobilize Blackbaud Grantmaking to maintain accurate grant information within the database.
- Utilizes the grants database to provide information to staff in other departments, particularly finance, program (research), and communications.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with office technology; skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for use in analyzing and presenting data.
- Experience using databases as a tool for effective operations and knowledge management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and solid judgment with outstanding attention to detail and follow-up
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path
- Eager to assist colleagues and members of the department at all levels
- Undergraduate degree
- Familiarity with IRS rules and regulations affecting domestic grantmaking
- 4+ years of work experience; 2+ years of grantmaking experience
- Experience with Blackbaud Grantmaking
How to Apply
To apply, please send a brief letter summarizing your interest and a resume to email@example.com. Subject header on the e-mail should be: “Grants Associate/Manager Application.”