Tennis Success is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization located in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Tennis Success, Inc. (TSI) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enrich the lives of low income and at-risk youth and to equip them to serve the community by providing tennis, education, and healthy living programs.
The organization is headquartered at the HEB Tennis Center which houses a classroom for tutoring & education plus tennis courts for tennis instruction and training. Tennis Success also conducts outreach tennis & tutoring programs partnering with the Corpus Christi Independent School District at various campuses in low income neighborhoods. The goal of the overall program is to develop solid citizens through the game of tennis and teach good learning habits through the education & healthy living program. Tennis Success not only monitors the students currently in the program, but also those who are currently funded with scholarships at the collegiate level.
Additional Info: Website - www.mytennissuccess.com Facebook - www.facebook.com/TennisSuccess/
Job Title: Executive Director
Status: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
The Executive Director (ED) will drive operational and development efforts in support of Tennis Success. The Executive Director will lead TSI staff in the planning and execution of youth programming activities, organizational management, community relations, donor development, fundraising activities, strategic planning and assessment.
Board of Directors
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The TSI ED will be responsible for creating and executing the development plan. The ED will manage all TSI staff and work closely with the TSI Board of Directors.
Develop and execute TSI's annual fundraising campaign
- Develop and execute a marketing plan to support program and fundraising efforts
- Develop a strategy to secure a large and sustainable base of annual individual donors
- Work closely with staff and the Board on the plan, calendar and organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising (grant writing and reporting)
- Develop metrics to evaluate programs.
- Recommend programming improvements to Board and staff as necessary
- Oversee the structure, planning and execution of all programs
- Develop and nurture the relationship with the United States Tennis Association.
- Serve as primary public spokesperson for the organization
- Extend TSI fundraising and volunteer footprint
- Monitor the TSI budget, ensuring ongoing financial stability
Manage performance of staff and volunteers, including job descriptions, performance, and annual reviews
- Compensation, recruiting and hiring and firing decisions to be made with approval of the Board.
- Communicate with and nurture a positive relationship with the student participants and their parents.
- Passion for improving the lives of at risk youth
- Strong Marketing and Fundraising capabilities
- Experience writing and securing grants from various foundations, governmental agencies (local, state and federal) and private donors
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in non-profit management
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to solve problems
Pay: Salary Range - $46,000 to $50,000 - Dependent on qualifications
Additional Benefits: In addition to two weeks of vacation, one week of sick leave and eight holidays, the benefit package provides for full health care insurance for the employee. If the employee has a spouse or family that he/she would like to add, then the cost of the additional coverage will be paid by the employee. If the new Executive Director will have to relocate to Corpus Christi, then a moving allowance will be provided. In addition, the board of directors will award performance bonuses when deemed earned.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Interim Executive Director
P.O. Box 71647
Corpus Christi, Texas 78467-1647