The United Planning Organization (UPO) is the designated Community Action Agency for Washington, DC, and has served the residents of the District since 1962. Our Vision for the future is "UPO's Washington: A city of thriving communities and self-sufficient residents." Our Mission is "Uniting People with Opportunities." Our Promise: Community Action changes people's lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
About the Office of Early Learning (OEL)
In collaboration with Family and the community, we will educate, empower and support children by providing continuous high quality comprehensive services to achieve successful parent engagement and positive child outcomes. The UPO Office of Early Learning has a special focus on helping children from birth to age 3 to grow and thrive in a healthy, supportive environment. Our Early Head Start programs provide infants and toddlers with the tools needed to develop their social-emotional, physical, cognitive, and language skills — steering them in the direction of happiness and success.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this position or any other position currently advertised on our website. Please visit us at www.upo.org to view all of our vacancies and to learn more about our company and services.
POSITION: Fiscal Management Specialist
PROGRAM/DIVISION: Office of Early Learning
BULLETIN No: 00909019
SALARY RANGE: (Commensurate with Experience)
OPENING DATE: September 9, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
FIRST SOURCE: N/A
This is a Special Trust position subject to mandatory random drug and alcohol testing.
This position IS NOT in the collective bargaining unit of the CWA Union.
UPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coordinate the financial management system for the Office of Early Learning. Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of all fiscal transactions. Issue monthly financial reports to the Vice President and Board. Manage the accounting and internal controls for the Office of Early Learning.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all Office of Early Learning equipment.
- Analyze monthly expenditures budgeted by funding source and Center. Coordinate payroll reconciliation.
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services. Complete all financial reports for the Vice President and Board.
- Submit the annual budgets to the Finance Office.
- Annually update the OEL's fiscal policies and procedures. Supervise Fiscal Management Assistant and perform all related duties of a supervisor.
- Administrator for Prophix Financial System.
- Coordinate all requests for contracts. Point of contact for all financial transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management or a related field.
- Three (3) years of accounting experience. Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) and ability to use/learn electronic time-keeping program.
- Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs and able to learn and use an electronic time keeping program.
- Possess effective organizational and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Master's degree in accounting, business management or related field.
- Five (5) plus years of fiscal experience in a Head Start or Early Head Start program.
- Knowledgeable in all applicable OMB circulars, Head Start regulations and accounting software.
In the event that an offer is extended, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check and/or FBI fingerprinting, as well as pre-employment drug screening, as applicable for the position.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter, resume, transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org fax all documents to 202/319-3237.