Founded in 1888, the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce (LAACC) represents the interest of business of the Los Angeles region. As the region's largest business organization, with more than 1,500 member companies, the Chamber's mission is to champion economic prosperity and quality of life in the L.A. region by being the voice of business, promoting collaboration and helping members grow. Our work revolves around policy advocacy, leadership development, technology, international trade, education and workforce development and business development programs.
The L.A. Chamber is the Advocate for Business and serves as a leader, an influencer and catalyst to create value for our members and amplify impact through collaborating, connecting and convening. For more information, visit www.lachamber.com.
Chief Financial Officer is the lead in charge of the finance division of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, a 501C6 tax exempt organization, and reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The CFO also serves as the Treasurer for the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation (501C3), Treasurer for the Southern California Leadership Network (501C3), and Treasurer for the LA Jobs PAC (571). It is a salaried, exempt position.
The CFO will be responsible for leading LAACC's strategic plan through the finances, processes, and risk mitigation needed to achieve the strategic vision of the CEO.
President and CEO
- Member of senior management team.
- Finance and Accounting: Responsible for:
- Responsible financial information systems and maintenance of proper internal financial controls.
- Preparation of annual Chamber budget, including capital expenditures and fiscal year-end cash flow forecast.
- Prepares monthly interim financial statements and presentation to Finance Committee and Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- In coordination with department leads, monitors budgets and provides guidance and planning to assure to hitting targets.
- In coordination with external auditors, oversees audit and preparation of tax returns, business licenses, and other reporting and compliance.
- Supervise a team of four (4) accountants to ensure effective management of accounts payable and accounts receivable, as well as bank reconciliations and other routine matters.
- Serves as lead in managing banking, investments, loans, lines of credit, merchant services and other bank relationships.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Chamber mission in all work performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive vice president & CEO.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or Master's degree
- Minimum of ten years of experience in finance and accounting
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience as controller or chief financial officer
- Demonstrated ability to work well with volunteers and staff at all levels
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
- Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks and Salesforce CRM
$165,000 to $180,000 year. DOE
This is a salaried exempt position with full benefits, with full benefits including accrual of 10 paid sick days annually, approximately 15 paid holidays, and vacation starting at an accrual rate of 10 paid days per year; 100 percent employer paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for employee only; 3 percent employer contribution to 401(k); Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA); Long Term Disability; Life Insurance; and Metro commuter/transportation benefits; 529 College Savings Plans; Employee Assistance and Wellness programs.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires:
- Work that may be performed in an intense, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
- Requires reliable transportation to attend off-site meetings and events.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, standing for long periods of time and repetitive motions in computer use.
- Requires learning and adapting new software.
The Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
How to Apply
If interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line of the email: Chief Financial Officer