The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
At the Y, we are driving innovation through Data Analytics to serve more New Yorkers—and we want to put you behind the wheel. The data analyst will be responsible for transforming data into actionable information, developing metrics, reports and supporting documentation as well as providing meaningful interpretation of information all in support of the work of the Y to empower youth, improve health and strengthen community. The Manager of Data Analytics will have the chance to expand their portfolio to include supporting the Senior Executive in troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions, and monitoring database and software performance, as necessary.
Who are we looking to hire?
- Techno-functional analyst who can translate data analytics into insights for data novices and experts, alike.
- Self-driven and can work independently while also collaborating with a small but mighty team.
- Desire to unite understanding of programs with analytical insights.
- Eager to learn, love a challenge and have an inquisitive nature fueled by a desire to help the organization make a greater impact.
- Produce trend and operational reports for senior management and department leaders and teams, tracking individual measure and operations performance.
- Produce, maintain and support dashboards in Tableau Server.
- Liaison with external consultants to support on-going projects, such as data warehouse and Tableau Server.
- Analyze external databases and sources (ex. Census) to identify measures for cultural /socio-economic trends.
- Manage and support organization-wide audit system in Microsoft SharePoint system.
- Review reports and outputs for accuracy, efficiency and viability.
- Transform data into actionable information, developing metrics, reports and supporting documentation.
- Support the Sr. Executive in troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions, and monitoring database and software performance.
- Help with the transition of systems and data to Salesforce, as required.
- Work collaboratively with Sr. Executive and SVP.
- Actively participate in and support trainings, designated meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in or relevant technical school diploma. Advanced education in Business Administration, Public Administration or Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in data analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft BI, Tableau, SPSS, Stata, R and/or other statistical services.
- Excellent MS office skills including Word, Excel & Power point.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with data warehouse, Salesforce, analytical tools & coding a plus.
How to Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Manager, Data Analytics” to email@example.com or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WHERE THERE'S A Y, THERE'S A WAY