Community Voices Heard (CVH) is a member-led multi-racial organization, principally women of color and low-income families in New York State that builds power to secure racial, social and economic justice for all. Founded in 1994 by welfare recipients in New York City working to fight unjust welfare policies, we have since expanded our organization to include working on multiple issues throughout New York State. Our core organizing issues include fighting for a just social safety net, good jobs and access to them, truly affordable housing, sustainable and resilient communities, and a participatory democracy.
Community Voices Heard is seeking an experienced development professional who is excited about engaging new people to build a coterie of faithful funders. Successful applicants will have experience creating and implementing a successful fundraising plan to build stronger relationships and raise revenue from foundations and individual donors. The Development Manager will play an integral role in shaping, enhancing and implementing the organization’s fundraising activities and will assist in the administrative tasks related to raising programmatic and general operating support for the organization.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts, including our annual benefit and other special events.
- Prospect research to secure new grants.
- Manage and update donor database.
- Track donations.
- Grant writing for submission of proposals and reports to foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Provide support with communication efforts, including email appeals.
- Write and edit donor correspondence.
- Coordinate mailings.
- A keen attention to detail and an unstoppable hustle.
- Familiarity with the following computer programs: Nation builder, Microsoft Office and Google docs.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Initiative and the ability to think 3 steps ahead.
Salary dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits including vacation days, personal days, holidays, medical/ dental/vision healthcare coverage, and 403(b) plan.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CVH strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
How to Apply
Please email a resume, writing sample, names of three references and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the organization to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line.