Queens Public Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. We transform lives by cultivating personal and intellectual growth and by building strong communities. Queens Public Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Public Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Queens Library Foundation, the Senior Manager of Corporate Giving is responsible for key functions of a growing, donor centered, corporate giving program.
- Develops and implements a strategic plan for corporate support; develops and maintains knowledge of corporate giving interests, staff and trends.
- Responsible for meeting annual corporate fundraising goals.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to identify, cultivate, and solicit corporate partners and prospects to arrange face-to-face meetings, phone calls, and research to determine corporate giving priorities, giving capacity and community relationships.
- Understands and utilizes current standardized business processes, policies, guidelines, vernacular and tools to manage corporate relationships.
- Creates sponsorship materials and proposals.
- Manages corporate partnerships and relationships, ensuring fulfillment of sponsor obligations and cultivating and stewarding relationships.
- Builds and manages budgets, including tracking revenue.
- Oversees the stewardship process to include gift acknowledgment and customized stewardship reports demonstrating the impact and benefits of giving.
- Works closely with Queens Public Library departments and libraries to identify and determine sponsorship opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5-7 years’ experience of corporate fundraising in a non-profit organization.
- A successful and demonstrated track record of personally cultivating, and stewarding corporations in a mission-driven environment.
- Ability to navigate the demands of an expanding organization with increasing revenue goals.
- A collaborative style and demonstrated ability to work effectively and creatively in a team-oriented environment.
- Highly organized, creative, pro-active, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize with superior time management and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and thrive within a very fast-paced, professionally rigorous environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately and concisely.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to: Employment@queenslibrary.org and reference “Senior Manager of Corporate Giving – EXTERNAL” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
Queens Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.