Candid is looking for a full time Software Engineerwho is eager to help design, develop, and maintain software and database applications including server-side and client-side web components.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
Position: Software Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Director, Technology, Application Development
Location: Williamsburg, VAor New York City, NY
As a member of the Data and Technology team, this candidate will take part in the ownership of the quality of software products. Responsibilities include participating in the design, architecture, and implementation of complete solutions to testing software and quality assurance.
- A focus on delighting the customer
- Building high quality software solutions that deliver value for customers
- Develop solutions across all layers, from the database to the user interface
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand solution requirements
- Practice Agile software development
- Ability to learn quickly, function with limited supervision, solve issues, and stay in close communication with functional teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- Experience in software development, design, and testing.
- Proactive self-starter who is results oriented with teaming capabilities.
- Flexible and adaptable with good interpersonal skills
- Experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC, and Web Application Development
- MS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- CSS/HTML/JS and Bootstrap
- Angular version 5 and above
- Entity Framework
- Experience in working with Agile and Scrum
- AJAX libraries (jQuery)
- T-SQL and SQL Server
- Experience with JSON, XML, and REST Web Services
- Experience with AWS or Azure cloud.
- Knowledge of web security implementation.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website:
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.