Candid is looking for a full time Software Tester-Quality Assurance Engineer who is eager to help maintain the high quality of our website as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
Position: Software Tester-Quality Assurance Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Director, Technology, Application Development
Location: Williamsburg, VA, New York City, NY
As a member of the Data and Technology team, this candidate will take part in the ownership of the quality of software products. Responsibilities include the implementation of complete solutions to testing software and quality assurance.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases based on functional specifications for new products as well as change requests (defects, enhancements, new features functionality).
- Execute automated functional and regression testing, stress and load testing of Web site and applications.
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate problems encountered during testing.
- Own problems in the Web sites and applications and assist in resolving problems.
- Work with members of the application development, product management, and QA teams to ensure high-quality applications.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software products.
- Work with the Product Management group to ensure that testing adheres to the schedule.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Work with varied customer population to identify, diagnose, and isolate bugs, issues, and new feature requests based on an online help desk tracking system and customer contact.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (electronically and verbally) with customers in non-technical language (i.e. customer service experience) with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must establish and maintain an intimate working knowledge of appropriate products.
- Use GuideStar.HelpServe.com to track, manage, and document reported bugs.
- Ability to provide support outside the workday or during the weekend
- Minimum of four years’ experience in software development, testing, or quality assurance of software applications.
- Solid experience developing test plans/strategies, test cases, and test scripts and traceability process of requirements to test cases.
- Experience working with translating requirements to test cases.
- Experience planning and estimating testing duration and effort.
- Experience with load and stress testing.
- Experience working on multiple testing projects at a time.
- SDLC and testing methodologies, principles, and techniques must be understood in order to take defined objectives and produce quality results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and thrive on technical challenges.
- Must have strong organizational skills and possess a thorough approach to problem solving.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website:https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.