The Phoenix is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a supportive, physically active community for individuals who are recovering from a substance use disorder and for those who choose to live sober. By participating in our physical, social and educational programs, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. Activities offered include CrossFit, climbing, hiking, boxing, running, yoga, road & mountain biking, and strength training. Through traditional fundraising strategies and revenue generating ventures, Phoenix is able to provide free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety. The Phoenix currently operates in 45 communities across 24 states.
The Director of Fundraising will work with national and local leadership to implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that expands and ensures sustainability of Phoenix programs in the Rocky Mountain region. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves position responsible for building a pool of major donors, with a focus on relationship-building and leveraging our competitive advantages to engage donors in meaningful ways. Priority will be given to those with demonstrated success fundraising for non-profits and building relationships with individual donors. This position is based in Denver, CO. A personal connection to The Phoenix mission is preferred, but not required. The Phoenix is a rapidly growing organization, and the region currently defined as "Rocky Mountain" is subject to change and may include other states.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Rocky Mountain Regional Director and National Development Team to create and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy that aligns with the strategic vision for the organization
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors in the Rocky Mountain Region
- Leverage The Phoenix's competitive advantages (ability to lead outdoor activities and other experience-based events) to provide meaningful experiences for donors and prospects
- Serve as a member of the National Development Team, including participating in weekly calls and meetings
- Build meaningful, mutually beneficial relationships with individuals to ensure excellent donor experience
- Implement innovative strategies to engage new high net worth donors to expand The Phoenix's donor base
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with donors, elected officials, and media outlets
- Research and pursue mutually beneficial arrangements with the business community, including corporate sponsorships
- Manage all donor relations, including maintaining accurate donation data (tracking relationships and donor activity in Salesforce), acknowledging gifts, etc.
- Lead strategy for gift solicitation, including personally making asks to donors, and assist other staff or board members with additional solicitations
- Identify and cultivate relationships with local foundation representatives
- Assist in planning and coordinating local fundraising events and campaigns
- Work with Foundations and Grants Manager to support grant-writing efforts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Evening and weekend hours required as needed
- Must be able to travel for meetings as necessary
- 5+ years' fundraising experience in a non-profit setting
- 2 + years' experience working with individual donors, including soliciting major gifts
- Familiarity with moves management and other donor cultivation techniques
- Passion for our The Phoenix's Mission and commitment to our Core Values
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Fundraising certificates preferred
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills, professionalism, and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Proficient with software including Salesforce or other CRM, word processing, spreadsheet applications and email
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and integrity
- Lived experience as a peer in recovery preferred
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.