Founded in 1992 by the Olympic Club (the oldest private athletic club in the country), the Olympic Club Foundation (OCF) raises money to support sports programs for kids throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, with a concentration on disadvantaged children growing up in challenging neighborhoods. Beginning with a one-time grant of $25,000 from the Olympic Club, the foundation has grown significantly over the years. It currently has investment assets in excess of $5 million dollars and awards $500,000 in grants annually.
The full job description will be furnished by email to candidates once they have submitted their resume.
Board of Directors
- Develop the Foundation’s strategic plan for the Foundation’s next 20 years, including increasing the Foundation’s assets and its impact;
- Drive a new development strategy which builds on the current annual campaign but opens new challenges for support;
- Create a process for data capture and utilization on our Salesforce database to identify opportunities for donor engagement;
- Together with the Board of Directors, lead signature events that showcase the Foundation’s mission and raise capital to support its mission;
- Develop deeper connections with the Foundation’s key stakeholders within the Club and within the community to help identify the most promising programs that advance the Foundation’s mission
- Be responsible for the Foundation’s budget, finances and accounting;
- Drive the Foundation’s internal and external marketing and communications;
- Maximize the resources of the Foundation’s board and organize the efforts of the Board to advance the Foundation’s goals, including working with the Board committees, preparing materials for the Board meetings etc;
- Develop written and electronic communications with donors.
- Work closely with the Grants Committee in overseeing the grants review, grantmaking and grant evaluation activities.
- Develop a publicity campaign to support the OCF's activities with the goal of enhancing awareness of the OCF's good works and therefore increasing the amount of contributions from Club members and others.
- 10 years plus in a significant leadership role with relevant sector experience
- Gravitas and recognition in the community
- Has an MBA or advanced degree
- Has a deep, demonstrated commitment to youth and athletics
- Has deep connections to the Bay Area and relevant networks and stakeholders who are connected to this work
- Has strong financial, management and development skills. Loves to work with people
- Is proficient in Salesforce database management and utilization;
- Has experience driving engagement through digital communications, including social media;
- Can work well with a deeply committed and passionate board of director’s in advancing the Foundation’s mission
- Can forge and deepen relationships with all of our key constituents, including grantee organizations, donors, club staff, club leadership, and other community leaders
Compensation will be based on qualifications and relevant prior experience in similar circumstances.
How to Apply
Email your resume to: email@example.com