Goals for Girls (G4G) is a global non-profit organization with a mission to use soccer to teach young women life skills and empower them to be agents of change in their own lives and in their communities. G4G has been working since 2007 to connect girls from different countries and backgrounds with their peers around the world to address social and health challenges through cultural exchange, leadership and community development. We use soccer as a vehicle to provide life skills and leadership education to future female change makers. Thanks to incredible demand for our programs, G4G is planning for significant expansion of our programs in the United States, South Africa, and India over the next 5 years.
We are seeking a strategic executive and experienced development professional to lead us through a key period of growth and transition. The G4G Executive Director will build and manage a team that can expand the depth and breadth of our programs, expand our innovative fundraising and income generation initiatives, and build the foundation of a strong and sustainable organization. Based in the United States, with a strong preference for North Carolina, Washington, D.C., or Salt Lake City, the Executive Director will serve as the most senior staff member and will report directly to the Board of Directors. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategy, as well as leading fundraising, marketing and communications efforts.
The successful candidate will be a charismatic and entrepreneurial leader with the ability to inspire, build, and manage a small team of staff members and a broad network of volunteers to achieve our important mission.
- Work with Goals for Girls Board of Directors on the development of the strategic plan
- Manage and mentor Goals for Girls staff members
- Lead fundraising, business development, and income generation initiatives
- Oversee communications and social media strategy
- Ensure the organization is fiscally responsible and accountable in its business operations, including budgeting, financial management, donor reporting, HR and administration
- Manage relationships with international affiliates and partners in South Africa and India
- Build relationships with current partner organizations, and develop new relationships that will benefit Goals for Girls
- Represent Goals for Girls externally including to participants, partners, sponsors, volunteers, donors, media, etc.
- Increase and maximize G4G alumni engagement
Salary and benefits
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience with partial reimbursement of health benefits.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- 5 or more years nonprofit management experience
- Strong financial management and operational skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting, contracts, systems and processes
- Demonstrated success in managing a broad range of fundraising and business development processes from prospecting through to cultivation, proposal writing, and solicitation
- Experience working with corporate social responsibility and employee engagement initiatives
- Experience working with international exchange programs
- Experience working with and managing volunteers of all ages and backgrounds
- Experience working with and/or mentoring young women and/or adolescent girls
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for managing programs across various countries and staff / volunteers / partners from various cultures
- Superior writing skills, including grant and proposal writing experience
- Excellent verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards
- Ability to travel internationally with a limited budget, including navigating challenging environments and schedules
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with field staff and partner organizations
- A love for and understanding of the power of sport to transform lives and communities
How to Apply
Please EMAIL cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through November 15, 2019.