ArtsMemphis sustains Memphis’ world-renowned cultural vitality and strengthens local communities through the arts. We pursue this mission by: amplifying awareness and driving arts support; investing in, and forging connections for artists and organizations; and advancing organizational effectiveness. We envision a Memphis in which every individual feels pride in our city’s authentic cultural assets and experiences the impact of the arts in their lives. In pursuit of that vision, we're guided by a commitment to access, equity and inclusion, creativity and innovation, and transparency.Founded in 1963, ArtsMemphis has invested $80+ million in Shelby County arts organizations. We awarded 164 grants to 73 organizations and artists totaling $2.5 million in 2019.
- an individual with a commitment to playing a vital role in the development function of the organization.
- a team member who desires to be a key player in the future of ArtsMemphis.
- a detail-oriented, systems thinker to provide high-quality, consistent data management.The Development Manager will be responsible for the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database and optimizing its functionality to meet the needs of the organization. The Development Manager will record, process, acknowledge and report on all contributions. The Development Manager will provide timely collection, cleanup, retrieval, and analysis of donor and prospect data. The person in this role will also manage event sponsorship and ticket sales and work with the Director of Marketing and Donor relations to ensure events are used as a cultivation tool.
The Development Manager will report to the Director of Marketing & Donor Engagement and will collaborate with all staff. The President & CEO, Director of Marketing & Donor Engagement and Development Manager will establish and carry out a strategic fundraising plan to ensure growth for the organization. This position will coordinate with Board leadership and the Development Committee.
- Capture and manage constituent data through Raiser’s Edge database
- Assure the accuracy and consistency of all records
- Learn, implement and oversee best practices for donor and prospect data management
- Perform regular database maintenance activities to correct duplications, errors or omissions, track user activity, and find actionable patterns
- Manage accounts receivable function, including regular pledge reminders
- Serve as the system administrator for Raiser’s Edge and as the liaison with Blackbaud to coordinate system updates and troubleshoot issues
- Train staff on the use of Raiser’s Edge
- Write and maintain reference documents related to this position, including a calendar of recurring tasksGift Entry & Acknowledgement
- Responsible for all gift entry, acknowledgement, receipting and benefit fulfillment
- Support the CFO by ensuring accuracy and reconciling with the general ledger
- Correspond with donors via phone and email Reporting
- Develop and maintain a system for generating, organizing and distributing reports
- Create dashboards to document trends and progress on fundraising goals
- Conduct data analysis on appeals to determine ROI, trends and success of messaging
- Produce custom queries and reports Fundraising & Cultivation
- Segment constituents for email marketing, mail appeals, actions and gifts
- Integrate ArtsMemphis’ email marketing lists with the donor database
- Create and execute mail, email, and phone campaigns, including the creation of lists, preparation of data merges, and fulfillment
- Coordinate, implement and update appeals
- Maintain up-to-date solicitor assignments and notesDonor Relations and Communications:
- Manage execution of new fundraising strategies (i.e. membership program)
- Use source materials to draft donor and prospect communications
- Represent ArtsMemphis at off-site eventsEvent-based fundraising:
- Assist with sponsorship and in-kind donation requests; prepare sponsorship packages, build prospect lists, execute asks
- Manage all aspects of ticket sales and sponsorship benefit fulfillment
- Send acknowledgements and tax receipts
- Assist with event logistics and support event-related committees
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of directly related work experience
- Experience with donor databases – management and reporting (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Knowledge of accounting procedures a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, databases and research tools
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks without supervision
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Team-oriented, professional work styleThe ideal candidate will be:
- highly motivated, positive and entrepreneurial minded.
- a team player who is energetic, flexible and proactive.
- willing to work with a small team in a collaborative, fast-paced, creative environment.
- able to take a job from conception to completion and open to doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- one who has a desire to be a key player in the future of ArtsMemphis.
The annual salary range for this full-time position will start at $40,000 and depend on candidate’s experience. A competitive package including health insurance, a 401(k) plan with a match, opportunities for professional development, a generous vacation/holiday schedule and sick time will be offered.
Employee must be willing to handle flexible hours including occasional work on nights and weekends. A working automobile, valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter outlining interest, experience, and potential fit for the position along with a resume to Josie Ballin at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.