The Director of Partnerships works closely with the President, Director of Operations and Finance, Program Directors and other staff and interns in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy for the Center for International Policy. This includes building and maintaining a coherent and coordinated fundraising infrastructure, including durable systems for managing donor relations at all levels from small donors to foundations.
The Director of Partnerships reports directly to the President.
- Work closely with the President to assess and adjust the annual fundraising strategy, including creation of new materials in support of communications with prospective and current donors. Oversee implementation of all fundraising activities and outreach mailings and online appeals. (25%)
- Track and analyze all contributions to CIP in donor database and generate reports, receipts and any other data as needed. (20%)
- Maintain all foundation and major donor files. (15%)
- Identify and research new sources of foundation funding and assist with general operating grant proposals. (10%)
- Coordinate with program directors to track foundation communications, reporting and submission deadlines. (10%)
- Coordinate with the President to plan and carry out an annual schedule of major donor visits. (5%)
- Engage in research to identify individual donor prospects. (5%)
- Organize, implement and oversee major donor fundraising events. (5%)
- Maintain board and committee meeting files, and serve as the staff liaison for the board development committee. (5%)
Skills: presentations, writing, research, collaborating and coordinating with others, delegating, database management
Competencies: initiative, communication, teamwork, organization
Salary commensurate with experience; range of $60,000-$65,000.
CIP provides excellent benefits including generous vacation, 403(b) plan upon hire, fully paid life insurance, fully paid long-term disability, and fully paid individual health care. CIP is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
How to Apply
All applicants for this position must submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample. Please attach your cover letter, resume and writing sample as one document when you apply and send it to Sonya Carter, Director of Finance and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Director of Partnerships” in the subject line.
The Center for International Policy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origins or sexual orientation. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.