Candid’s GrantCraft and GlassPockets websites empower donors with the tools, practices, and knowledge they need to be more strategic. Candid is looking for a full time Content Development Associate who is eager to help maintain the high quality of these grantmaker focused websites as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
Position: Content Development Associate
Reporting to: Director of Transparency Initiatives
Location: New York, Oakland, Remote possible
Candid seeks a talented researcher, writer, and editor with social media and philanthropy savvy to curate and develop relevant content for two of its grantmaker focused web platforms. GrantCraft and GlassPockets empower donors with the tools, practices, and knowledge they need to be more strategic. GrantCraft combines the practical wisdom of funders worldwide with the expertise of Candid to improve the practice of philanthropy. Through peer example, benchmarking, and thought leadership GlassPockets champions foundation transparency as a means to greater effectiveness. The Content Development Associate will provide critical support to both of these services.
- Provide critical support for the GrantCraft.org and GlassPockets web platforms, including coordinating bug fixes, responding to user queries, adding new content, keeping the homepage updated, developing monthly newsletters, and managing the social media feeds.
- Cultivate and edit short form content (blogs, videos, infographics, etc.) that advance grantmaker learning.
- Provide support for relationship building, stakeholder engagement, and externally-facing workshops and events.
- Assist with implementation of developing projects and strategies. This includes project coordination and reviewing work of consultants, temporary staff, and guest bloggers.
- Regularly scan the field to identify potential content partners and practices worth spreading.
- Interpret and summarize detailed and complex information about philanthropy in a way that makes it accessible and understandable to a broad audience.
- Assist with drafting, editing, and proofreading proposals and funder reports, surveys, scopes of work, website and social media copy, reports, fact sheets, and other knowledge resources.
- Organize content and formatting for GrantCraft eNewsletter and other communications platforms.
- Proactively assist with analytics tracking and daily maintenance of core websites managed by the knowledge services team.
- Provide preparatory and follow-up support on partnership development and custom projects for the director of transparency initiatives.
- Build strong working relationships with teams across Candid.
- Prepare PowerPoint slides, handouts, and other presentation materials.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Intellectual curiosity about philanthropy, appetite for reading new findings to share with others.
- A self-starter who can work across teams and distances, has the ability to juggle various projects and tasks while not losing sight of the details, and has a sense of humor.
- Excellent and varied writing skills that translate well across formal reports, client emails, website copy, social media, and blog posts.
- Learn quickly and balance asking questions with just digging in.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience working on data-driven research projects required.
- Familiarity with the U.S. foundation/philanthropic field.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of mission-driven work.
- Experience doing communication work a plus.
- In-depth experience MS Office. Proficiency with blog and social media management tools, web design and graphic design software is a plus; (Canva, Hootsuite, Wordpress, Typepad)
- Strong organizational and planning skills and understand that collaboration and accountability are critical.
- Sensitivity and respect for equity, inclusion, cultural differences, and diverse perspectives.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter with expected salary for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.