Candid is looking for an experienced Agile project manager with a background in technology to join our team in New York. The ideal candidate should be methodical and demonstrate leadership, accountability, strong communication, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and team members.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world
Position: Technical Project Manager
Reporting to: Director of Technology of Integration
Location: New York, NY
As Technical Project Manager, work closely with teams to clarify business needs, convert those business needs into requirements, identify key outcomes, assist with technical feasibility, and coordinate implementation approaches, deployment strategies, and QA efforts. Serve as liaison between the product management and development team to ensure all targets and requirements are met and team members understand project objectives. Assist in maintaining the product backlog and facilitate productivity by setting up meetings and removing obstacles that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's sprint goals.
- Lead technical projects through the SDLC process and/or an agile, iterative process.
- Act as Scrum Master or Agile Coach.
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, scrum ceremonies, and scrum boards.
- Track, escalate, and remove impediments. Protect the team from outside interference to ensure focus on sprint deliverables as well as identify the best agile practices for each team.
- Prepare and deliver verbally and orally effective communications regarding progress and status for both internal stakeholders and client teams.
- Suggest improvements where necessary / appropriate to improve operational efficiencies.
- Assist with testing scenarios and validating results.
- Advise agile teams across the organization, including assistance in developing best practices, dealing with operational challenges that come up, and coordinating cross-team scrum of scrum sessions.
- Facilitate work with outside consultants when necessary, providing both logistical and project management support.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- College (or advanced/graduate ) degree preferred; relevant experience or skill set will also be considered.
- Experience in Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize competing priorities and follow through quickly, to work independently but also collaboratively and to pay attention to details.
- Must be willing to independently learn new technical skills as needed.
- Technical background including software development and DevOps/automation experience preferred.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: https://candid.org/about/work-at-candid
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.