PIVOT (www.pivotworks.org) is a global health care NGO guided by the principle that all people have intrinsic worth and deserve to live healthy and productive lives. PIVOT’s core objective is to address social inequity by advancing universal access to quality healthcare, while creating a health care system that can serve as a scalable, replicable model for the country of Madagascar. Since 2014, PIVOT has partnered with the government of Madagascar to strengthen the health system in Ifanadiana district, located adjacent to Ranomafana National Park and an 11-hour drive from the capital. The district has a catchment area of over 200,000 people, more than 75 percent of whom live in extreme poverty.
As a member of a small, international support team, the Engagement Assistant will join a core group of staff in supporting the work of the larger organization across multiple time zones. Reporting to the Foundations Officer and the Communications Manager, the individual in this role will support the day-to-day activities of the Development and Communications teams. This position will offer the right candidate a diverse and exciting entry-level role in a young and growing global health organization.
- Domestic travel to NYC and New England, for annual fundraisers and team retreats.
- International travel to Madagascar at six-month mark for site-facing induction.
Foundations Officer & Communications Manager
Development Systems and Operations (30-40%)
- Manage donor database, assuring timely and accurate entry of gift and donor data, data maintenance, report generation, and integration across platforms.
- Manage prospect tracking system, using Moves Management to facilitate next steps.
- Support donor stewardship with gift acknowledgements, reports and personalized recognition.
- Collaborate closely with the Operations Assistant on gift deposits and monthly reconciliation across development and finance department record.
- Provide general administrative support for the development department, including managing the master calendar, stocking office supplies, sorting incoming mail and organizing the department filing system.
- Support occasional special projects as determined by the Director of Development.
Events, Appeals and Donor Engagement (35%)
- Support fundraising and community events by producing invitations, tracking RSVPs, assisting with event logistics, post-event communications and reporting.
- Manage birthday stewardship project via research, production, writing and distribution.
- Coordinate printing and mailing processes for all appeals and events.
- Track and report on campaign results by activity and audience segments.
- Collaborate on content and design for annual giving appeals (direct mail, online, crowdfunding campaigns, social media tie-ins) with the Foundations Officer and Communications Manager.
- Maintain email contact lists, ensuring proper communication with constituents suited to their relationship with PIVOT.
- Compile regular analytics reports for website, email, and social media activities to inform communications strategy.
- Contribute to the editorial calendar, flagging events across all PIVOT teams for external coverage.
- Work on photo library content management, in close collaboration with the US-based and Madagascar-based communications teams.
- Provide project-based coordination for external-facing projects that require collaboration of multiple team members, e.g. website updates, impact reports, newsletters, and more.
- Serve as copy-editor for external communications.
- Offer basic translation support between French and English for internal communications.
Potential areas of growth, depending on interests / technical skills
- Social media management e.g. developing content to carry out PIVOT’s social media strategy.
- Copy-writing e.g. drafting content for PIVOT’s blog, publications, and social media accounts.
- Graphic design e.g. apply branding guidelines to format / design documents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, preference for an applicable field of study e.g. non-profit management, international studies, or marketing.
- At least 1 year of professional experience, including internships.
- Enthusiasm for the background work of development and communications activities and the systems and support needed to make that work successful is important.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Sense of humor and flexibility are essential.
- Passion for social justice, the mission & values of PIVOT, and the idea of working in solidarity with the rural poor of Madagascar.
Salary range is $39,900 to $50,4000 per annum, commensurate with experience. Highly competitive benefits, including 6 weeks vacation leaves & 2 weeks sick leave, as well as fully-paid insurance premiums for medical insurance.
- Proficiency in French, spoken and written, strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with DonorPerfect and ConstantContact, or similar softwares, strongly desired.
- Outstanding command of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and comfort with GSuite, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Drive.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite strongly desired, particularly InDesign and Illustrator.
- Capable of productively using tools like Slack and Asana to manage workflows with teams.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than December 10, 2019. Applications will be considered and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis. Please refer to the job title in the subject line of your email.
For more information on PIVOT, please visit our website at www.pivotworks.org.