MyPath is looking for a dynamic, curious and thoughtful Senior Manager of Development to elevate and expand our fund development operations. The ideal candidate is proactive and an exceptional project manager, able to lead projects in collaboration with executives, directors and managers alike; has demonstrated success in fund development, including research, prospecting, grant writing, reporting and individual donor engagement; is a detail-oriented and creative writer; and gets energized by a fast-paced environment. We are open to creating a flexible schedule for the right candidate, including the option of working from home 1-2 days per week.
Legacies of racially motivated socio-political policies deny youth of color equitable opportunities to build wealth and be economically mobile. A national nonprofit based in the Mission District of San Francisco, MyPath places youth and young adults of color on a path to economic mobility by ensuring they have access to quality financial products, a working knowledge of the financial system, and a peer-based social support system that encourages personal goal-setting and accountability. Our unique early savings and credit interventions engage youth when they are making their first financial decisions to build and cement financial practices that they continue to apply in adulthood.
MyPath partners with city agencies, financial institutions and nonprofits to provide training and technical assistance to youth-serving programs in over 14 cities nationwide, reaching 6,500 young people annually. Our results and best practices have been published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, the Journal of Consumer Affairs, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. To learn more about MyPath, visit us at MyPathUS.org.
- Boost youth power today
- Eliminate the racial wealth gap
- Foster trust
- Lead through innovation
- Spark systems change
The Senior Manager of Development, in collaboration with the Chief Development and Communications Officer and Executive Director, will be responsible for fund development research and prospecting; managing the fund development calendar; writing reports and proposals; and project manage proposal and report writing and submissions. The Senior Manager of Development will also track fundraising goals and grants using Salesforce.
Chief Development and Communications Officer
- With the Chief Development and Communications Officer and Executive Director’s guidance, manage activities for institutional donor cultivation, solicitation, and relationship management (i.e., research, outreach, and initial letters of inquiry).
- Support prospecting research activities (both national and local, as well as for specific populations), including setting up calls and meetings for Executive Director with potential and current funders. The Senior Manager of Development will also attend certain meetings and calls, and take necessary follow up actions as needed with potential and current funders. Eventually, the Senior Manager of Development will be the lead point of contact for some funders.
- Maintain careful and accurate tracking of all institutional funds sought and received, including multi-year grants. Track deadlines for all proposals and reports to ensure timely submission of complete reporting packages, and inquiries about renewed support.
- Coordinate the assembly of all reports and grant attachments; and submit grant proposals and report packages for all foundations, corporations and government funding sources. The Senior Manager of Development will play a lead role in developing proposal narratives and reports, with support and training as needed.
- Assist the Development Team to create and then manage the implementation of a fund development strategy and plan to solidify and expand funds from existing sources and to diversify and expand funding sources
- Implement and manage new individual donor plans, including communications.
- Support year-end Board fundraising activities.
- Liaison with MyPath staff to gather timely data and information needed for funder reports.
- Attend and represent MyPath at networking events, speaking engagements, conferences, etc.
- Maintain development systems, including files (both hard copy and electronic), the Salesforce database, gift/payment processing, and acknowledgement letters.
- As needed, support organizational events, especially regarding funder recognition and individual donor cultivation
- Support Chief Development and Communications Officer in elevating MyPath’s reputation and visibility among funders
- 4 -6 years of experience in nonprofit fund development, specifically with development systems, development project management, funder research, and grant writing.
- Proven success in supporting fund development and donor relations programs, and in coordinating the development of proposals for various funder audiences.
- Experience managing and/or building efficient fund development systems in a growing nonprofit, and processes that effectively engage multiple staff in producing quality end products in a timely manner.
- Excellent written communication skills, as well as proofreading skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to drive projects to completion independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Suite and Project Management tools.
- Experience in financial capability, youth employment programs and youth development a plus.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with diverse perspectives and working styles.
- Driven to meet MyPath’s mission.
- Ability to be creative, think critically and effectively manage setbacks.
Annual compensation range is $65,000 to 75,000
MyPath is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively work to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities and young people we serve. People of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Compensation
- Annual compensation range is $65,000 to 75,000
- Possibility of working remotely one or two days a week
- 100% employer paid health, vision and dental for employees and 50% for children.
- Flexible spending accounts including commuter, health hare and dependent benefits
- 401K with potential for employer contribution
- Professional development funds available to support staff in advancing career objectives
How to Apply
Please send the following to jobs@MyPathUS.org indicating your interest in the Senior Manager of Development position in the subject line:
- Resume and detailed cover letter highlighting your interest and relevant experience
- Two grant proposals and/or final report writing samples