About Omidyar Network:
Omidyar Network is a philanthropic investment firm dedicated to harnessing the power of markets to create opportunity for people to improve their lives. Established in 2004 by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, the founder of eBay, the organization has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and non-profit organizations to catalyze economic and social change. To learn more, visit www.omidyar.com, and follow on Twitter @omidyarnetwork.
About the Education team:
Our mission is to unlock human potential through learning by catalyzing people, ideas and systems – so every individual can contribute and thrive in a changing and interdependent world. We seek to establish the preeminent platform catalyzing the future of global learning, supporting generations of curious, life-long and life-wide learners to take on the challenges of their own lives, communities and the world. We approach our work with a sense of urgency and action to elevate quality learning for all and reach the millions of learners being left behind. We hold a unique position in the education sector, defined by our global platform and dual checkbook approach.
In 2020, the Education team will launch itself as an independent investment firm that is part of The Omidyar Group. While our mission and investment strategy will not change from our mandate under the Omidyar Network, as a new organization, we are excited to build a global and diverse team committed to exploring innovations in learning and help drive impactful and positive change within the education sector. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a collaborative founding team that will together shape our new organization’s culture and values.
At a high-level, this position will be responsible for helping us write, create, and publish various types of content for our website, email, and social media channels and manage the workflow.
The Digital Manager’s responsibilities include producing social media posts, newsletters, and website content to raise awareness about our organization and bring attention to the social impact of our portfolio. While the primary responsibility will be managing our digital media channels and website, as a small team this position will also supports the execution of all facets of our organization’s strategic marketing and communications work, including potentially media outreach, editing opinion and thought pieces, and providing event support.
This position will report to the global head of Strategic Communications and be part of our Marcom team yet work closely with peers on the investment teams to support and advise on strategies and tactics needed to reach their goals and target audience. The position will also collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders globally, including communication functions at The Omidyar Group and Omidyar Network as well as external, hired agencies.
- Bring our brand to life in the digital space through engaging content on our website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Run and maintain the website, ensuring it is updated and relevant to our key audiences. Regularly publish new content on our blog.
- Define and execute the social media strategy for the brand; create content, copy, campaigns, and community management (audience engagement).
- Lead content creation processes in-house or externally, as needed, for photo and video, social, blogs and website.
- Drive the development of timely, dynamic, unique, and interactive digital content that tells inspiring stories and compels action.
- Learn and respond from data to develop new strategies to increase quality followers and engage current followers; use data to develop strategies that generate website site traffic to compliment overall marketing objectives.
- Coordinate the calendar and publishing of blogs and POV pieces. This includes supporting the writing and editing process, as well as creating a distribution strategy that engages a wide audience of readers.
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication.
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content.
- Create and distribute of multiple newsletters, including management of mailing lists and database.
- Lead social influencer programs, including long-term relationships and seasonal activations.
- Analyze and distribute reports on social media and web performance.
You demonstrate a deep passion for Education’s mission and approach to social change. You will also have at least three years of experience that includes the following:
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (Wagtail a plus), Email marketing (Salesforce Pardot a plus) and Social Media Publishing tools; Experience in HTML and SEO a plus.
- In depth understanding of digital platforms–from websites and mobile to social networks and blogs; knowledgeable about trends in multimedia storytelling.
- Experience analyzing data, reporting insights and devising/implementing social strategies and programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- An ability to fact-check and proof short and long-form content pieces.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results on time.
- Highly collaborative and supportive style. Capable of building relationships and influencing the opinions of others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Public Relations, English, Journalism or relevant field
How to Apply
Please apply directly through our job board: https://grnh.se/99fddff21
Please include a resume and, in lieu of a cover letter, your response to the following prompt (no more than one page).
- Please tell us about a digital marketing campaign that you worked on from start to finish. What approaches did you take? Where did you personally contribute most? What challenges did you have and how did you measure success?
Upload your response where our online application says "Essay Question."