The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization working to provide humanitarian eye care and physician education both in the United States and around the world. The ASCRS Foundation has a 18-year history of success and currently serves over 25,000 patients per year.
The Foundation Program Manager will report to the Director of Development and will be responsible for oversight, strategic planning and administration of the ASCRS Foundation’s Operation Sight domestic charitable cataract surgery program – a nationwide initiative that provides over 1,300 patients with free cataract surgery annually. The position works closely with the Foundation’s leadership and fundraising teams and supports additional initiatives and programs as needed.
- Strategic planning for Operation Sight including the establishment of future industry and organizational partnerships to enable continued program growth.
- Work with established industry partners to ensure ongoing financial and product-based commitments to the Operation Sight program
- Oversight and implementation of the patient application and pre-qualification process including: Patient outreach and data collection, physician referrals, screening applications, patient communication, coordinating pre-op exams with practice administrators, matching approved patient cases with Operation Sight volunteer surgeon network, tracking completed volunteer surgeries and activating volunteer benefits.
- Develops and implements Operation Sight promotional strategy to include managing content on website, in ASCRS collateral, social media and other storytelling avenues to continue program growth.
- Recruits and supports volunteer physician network through eblasts to ASCRS members, targeted outreach to membership, and providing necessary information to surgery centers to allow charitable surgeries to take place within their facilities. Responsible for stewarding volunteers through high touch customer service and creating an excellent volunteer experience.
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with Partner Organizations by maintaining regular communication with domestic organizations, contacting and recruiting these organizations to join the Operation Sight network and coordinating surgery days to coincide with National Sight Week.
- Leads National Sight Week promotional campaign to with goals to recruit additional volunteers, engage inactive volunteers, and activate current volunteers and partner organizations.
- Creates awareness for Operation Sight across ASCRS, ASOA and industry media through multi-channel marketing strategy.
- Prepares fact sheets, proposals, grant reports and assist with solicitations for potential funders
- Measure, evaluate, analyze and refine current strategies to enhance and scale program
- Provides regular progress reports to Foundation leadership
- Participates in overall marketing strategy of the Foundation by developing content for eblasts, social media, EyeWorld articles and annual website content
- Manages the annual Resident Excellence Awards process
- Manages relationships by providing high touch communication and frequent opportunities for engagement
- Develops and participates in Foundation activations surrounding the ASCRS Annual Meeting and other events throughout the year
- Assisting Development Director with the creation and implementation of new outreach and stewardship programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in nonprofits
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other constituent relationship management software a plus
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com