Who We Are
Founded in 1952, The Viscardi Center provides education, employment and empowerment to children and adults with physical, developmental and nonvisible disabilities. Located 16 miles from Manhattan on Long Island, Viscardi serves nearly 2,000 people a year from the NY Metropolitan region and beyond.
Our founder, Dr. Henry Viscardi, Jr., was born without fully-formed legs, served as disability advisor to eight U.S. Presidents, from Franklin D. Roosevelt to Jimmy Carter, and became one of the world’s leading advocates for people with disabilities. The Center remains committed to Dr. Viscardi’s original mission – to empower individuals to live fully integrated, active, and independent lives. Visit us at viscardicenter.org or youtube.com/user/AbilitiesOnline.
The Viscardi Center is currently seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Development Associate to join our Development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this role will be responsible for gift entry and acknowledgement, as well as providing guest management and logistical support for our highly successful fundraising events.
The Development Associate is critical to The Viscardi Center’s ability to provide our donors with a positive giving experience throughout the year and at our events. This position offers the opportunity to become deeply engaged with Development, special events and donor relations activities at a well-established non-profit organization.
- Perform daily gift entry and create acknowledgement letters to be signed by the President or CDO. Send memorial/tribute cards on request, as well as other communications, assist CDO with other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Produce weekly reports/acknowledgement scans for review by the President and CDO, and work with Accounting Department to reconcile gifts monthly. Produce monthly comparison charts.
- Assist in event coordination and day-of activities.
- Oversee the guest lists, nametags, seating charts and registration at every event.
- Secure auction/raffle items for events and manage auction/raffle logistics.
- Assist in the planning of multiple projects simultaneously, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Represent the Organization at events and occasional networking opportunities, as determined by the CDO.
- Bachelor’s degree or college coursework and prior experience in Development, fundraising or similar field preferred.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet research skills required, database and data entry proficiencies strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in the creation of high-quality work products required.
- Experience in fast-paced work environments; ability to take the initiative, meet deadlines, and multitask.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to work the occasional evening and weekend is required
$40K - $45K Annually, medical, dental, paid time off, paid holidays and 403 (b) retirement plan.
How to Apply
Click/copy this link in your browser to apply: https://jobs.viscardicenter.org/careers/Careers.aspx?req=2020-TVC-001&type=JOBDESCR
Frantz Michel, Human Resources Coordinator
The Viscardi Center
201 I. U. Willets Road
Albertson, New York 11507
Phone: (516) 465-1432 | Fax: (516) 465-1465
The Viscardi Center
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply