The Public Theater is seeking a part-time representative to join its Advancement Services Department! The Public Theater was founded in 1954 on the principles that theater is an essential cultural force and that art and culture belong to everyone. The Public’s wide breadth of programming includes an annual season of new work at its landmark home at Astor Place, Free Shakespeare in the Park at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, The Mobile Unit touring throughout New York City’s five boroughs, Public Forum, the Under the Radar Festival, Public Works, Public Shakespeare Initiative, and Joe’s Pub. Since premiering HAIR in 1967, The Public continues to create the canon of American theater from groundbreaking productions like A Chorus Line and The Normal Heart to recent productions including Fun Home, Sweat, and of course, Hamilton.
Reporting to the Telefund Manager in the Advancement Services Department, this role will support leadership strategy directives, build and strengthen relationships with our patrons and The Public Theater, all while adhering to assigned fundraising goals and objectives.
The duties and responsibilities of the Telefund Representative include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initiate outbound philanthropic support calls to existing patrons. Calls include patron renewal, reinstates and acquisition.
- Connect and build a positive rapport with patrons and serve as an ambassador of the organization.
- Move each lead to the next step in the membership program cycle at the appropriate time.
- Handle effective nurturing of prospects and leads; build relationships by conducting ongoing, informative dialog that helps inform and support qualified prospects who are not yet ready.
- Make a clear, persuasive case for financial support during every call.
- Skilled in knowing how to overcome a customer’s objections.
- Keep patrons informed on the mission, goals, and objectives of The Public Theater as defined by the organization.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with patrons by responding to questions and carefully listening to feedback pertaining to The Public Theater.
- Provide effective communication to management regarding customer feedback and concerns. Inform management and stakeholders on situations that require a proactive approach, or trends that suggest alternate offers or approaches, through participation in team meetings or immediately if necessary.
- Responsible for emailing applicable call follow up correspondence and selecting correct termination codes for auto generated e-communications.
- Achieve assigned telemarketing goals and objectives, continuously improving customer phone skills, and communicating effectively with the Telefund Manager and organization stakeholders.
- Work effectively and efficiently with team members to achieve common goals in a highly variable customer call-service environment.
- Document all patron transactions, information updates, and communications in Tessitura in order to maintain accurate constituent records.
- Handle customer information with extreme confidentiality.
- Understanding customer needs and offering solutions and support
- Demonstrate marketing skills and identify opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the customers’ interests and receptivity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Prior philanthropic fundraising experience a plus.
- Ability to motivate others over the phone.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; able to demonstrate enthusiasm and a friendly demeanor while communicating with our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to maximize customer/patron retention and sales.
- Ticketing and/or phone sales experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Tessitura and Avaya phone system platform a plus.
- Outstanding telephone listening and communication skills.
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Demonstrated detail orientation and aptitude to stay organized.
- A motivated self-starter who works well in a small and large team environment.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com