Care For the Homeless (CFH) is a growing not-for-profit health care and social service agency that serves the homeless population of New York City. CFH operates multiple service delivery sites in four boroughs, including Article 28 licensed health centers that provide medical and behavioral health services that serve individuals experiencing homelessness throughout four NYC boroughs. CFH also operates two homeless women’s residences where health care services are provided.
The Development Associate provides administrative support to the Development/Communications Office and assists with all development activities including individual, corporate and foundation giving, special events, volunteer management and in-kind donations. The Development Associate will have primary responsibility for managing the volunteer activity for the organization and the year-round in-kind product drives. S/he manages the donor database and all back-office development functions including ordering and maintaining supplies as needed.
Director of Development & Communications
Primary development duties include:
- Produce regular gift reports and analysis, including monthly fundraising reports, monthly reconciliation, pledge status reports and annual audit preparation with the Business Office.
- Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of special events
- Growing and maintaining the year-round, in-kind product donation drives and program, working with CFH health center staff and other departments, by identifying and reaching out to prospects; preparing grant requests to corporations and/or individuals; cultivating and maintaining the relationships year-round.
- Responsibility for managing the current volunteer activities with an emphasis on strategic partnerships that will enhance the fundraising results for the organization. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: act as the initial point of contact for potential, new and returning volunteers and schedule all activities and appointments; determine, in concert with Program staff, the needs and appropriate areas and functions in which volunteers can be utilized; maintain a roster, email list and data base of volunteers and send out volunteer notices as directed; ensure volunteer hours are recorded and valued as gift-in-kind; work with Communications Coordinator to update and maintain volunteer-related information on the CFH website; organize and facilitate appropriate training for volunteers; ensure volunteers are sensitive to the needs and rights of shelter residents and clinic patients;
- Orders purchases and maintains development inventory; files gift documentation and reports and more.
- Responds to requests from Board and staff members
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a nonprofit organization fundraising department
- Experience managing a database required (experience with Donor Perfect database software preferred)
- Experience with volunteer management.
- Bachelor’s degree, related field required
Competitive; will be based on experience and skills
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative
- Professional, strong attention to detail, organizational, planning and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Apply via Indeed site: http://bit.ly/2SoQTeR