- Under the general direction of the Division Director and/or Program Assistant, the Instructor will teach English as a Second Language and Civics Instruction to participants by performing the following duties.
- Division Director and/or Deputy Director
- Provide group instruction in English as a Second Language and Civics Preparation Classes.
- Build lessons plan aligned with the curriculum.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Assistant for the purpose of enrollment, completion, and attendance requirements.
- Takes and monitors attendance and shares concerns regarding absenteeism and tardiness with the Program Assistant.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work in a team environment
- Administers and observes the organizations office operations, policies, and procedures.
- Volunteerism is encouraged during La Casa’s sponsored events.
- Responsible for community building and outreach efforts with the goal of increasing awareness in the community of La Casa’s program and increase participant numbers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from a regionally accredited college/university or TESOL Certification is required.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Computer skills in MS office applications (Word and Excel).
- Required to stand for long periods of time*
- One-year teaching experience in ESL and/or Civics preparation classes and the ability to develop lesson plans and work related activities.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day Classes: Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
How to Apply
- Email your resume with cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Open Date: February 12, 2020