The mission of Aspen Community Foundation is to build philanthropy and support nonprofit organizations by connecting donors to community needs, building permanent charitable funds, and bringing people together to solve community issues.
The Communications and Marketing Manager requires a deep belief and commitment in the nonprofit work and professional culture of Aspen Community Foundation. As an organization, we are fluid and responsive to the changing landscape of those we serve. The Communications and Marketing Manager must work well as a team member, work closely with the Executive Director, Philanthropy Director, Cradle to Career Director, and Community Investment Director, and be successful in establishing strong relationships with all of the Foundation’s constituencies (Board, donors, grantees, partners, staff, and the general public) in a manner that builds trust, commitment, and a shared mission.
The Communications and Marketing Manager must become knowledgeable on community issues, the services provided by our region’s nonprofits, and the Foundation’s operations and programs in order to successfully deliver multi-faceted messaging that elevates awareness, connection and engagement in our work. The Communications and Marketing Manager must be comfortable and competent in an emerging and adaptive environment, and able to provide support for the initiatives, projects and goals of the Foundation.
- Create and implement annual and long-term communications and marketing plans to inform Board members, donors, nonprofits and the community, and to promote the Foundation and its programs.
- Develop and maintain communications and marketing budget.
- Develop and manage a shared calendar of material development and implementation.
- Manage the creation, design, writing and distribution of all print and digital communications and marketing, including the annual report, website, donor central, collateral and reports, advertising, press releases, guest columns, newsletters, and social media.
- Track, measure, analyze and respond to all communications and marketing efforts.
- Cultivate and maintain media relations.
- Support fundraising efforts, events, and campaigns.
- Co-develop infographics, charts, presentations, webinars.
- Maintain digital and print mailing and contact lists.
- Participate in relevant professional associations, seek and attend appropriate training, fulfill other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Experience in communicating and marketing a wide variety of programs simultaneously to donors and partners who are already engaged with the Foundation’s work, while also reaching and cultivating new audiences.
- Strategic thinker and planner, creative, able to embrace process and change.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and with a team.
- High expectations of quality, attention to detail and professionalism, curiosity.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to proactively solicit material and maintain deadlines. Ability to take material from concept to final draft.
- Strong ability to write clearly and effectively; comfort with feedback from colleagues is imperative.
- Must be an experienced and knowledgeable proofreader.
- Familiarity with website content management, including SEO strategies, Google Adwords, analytics, Squarespace, Wordpress.
- Experience with effective social media strategies.
- Knowledge of programs such as Mailchimp, Drupal, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong ability to use a variety of software, including FIMS, Donor Central, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to interact comfortably with a wide variety of constituents and communicate appropriately and effectively in person, on the telephone, and in writing.
- Professional demeanor that demonstrates interest in people, customer service, authentic relationships, and achieving greater than the expected good for the community.
- Ability to work with confidential information such as contributions and other related communications.
- Experience in nonprofit sector preferred. Must have portfolio demonstrating effective use of communications and marketing that cultivated relationships, shared data and information and compelling content.
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000, full-time
Comprehensive medical and dental health plan paid 100% by Foundation.
11 paid holidays, sick and personal days, vacation benefits annually.
Retirement plan in the form of a 401K plan is offered; Foundation provides a discretionary contribution based on the employee’s participation in the plan.
We are a supportive and close-knit team of eight and believe in a culture of balance, dedication, and well-being.
Aspen Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage professionals from marginalized communities and communities of color to apply.
How to Apply
Learn more about our organization at aspencommunityfoundation.org. To apply please email a cover letter that reflects who you are, your resume, and portfolio links to Tamara Tormohlen, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.