About Every Mother Counts
Every Mother Counts’ mission is to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. We educate the public about maternal health and invest in community-led programs to improve access to essential maternity care. We engage communities, thought leaders, and partners in efforts to achieve quality, respectful, and equitable maternity care for all.
Who You Are
Every Mother Counts (EMC) is seeking a capable and energetic go-getter to join our Communications and Engagement team. Our team is small but mighty, and as the ideal candidate you thrive in a fast-moving, multi-tasking environment. You are a superior writer with excellent high-level relationship-building skills, and care deeply about details even while moving quickly. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Communications, Development and Engagement, you will act as a liaison to external stakeholders on behalf of the Managing Director, responding to and facilitating materials for media and editorial requests, fielding speaking engagement opportunities, preparing briefing documents, and drafting a variety of communications for a wide range of content needs—from development decks to social media posts to website updates and more—on top of supporting the department’s administrative goals.
- Help develop media materials to support communications goals including: drafting boiler plate language, talking points, pitches, backgrounders, one-pagers, pitches, press releases, and more.
- Assist the Managing Director in fielding and responding to media inquiries, interview requests, book or product endorsement requests, and speaking opportunities in a timely and professional manner, managing logistics, providing background information and requested materials such as brand and photography assets.
- Working closely with the Head of Storytelling and Digital Marketing, draft copy and contribute story ideas for EMC’s email newsletters, annual impact report, social channels and website; assist and communications metrics and reporting.
- Work closely with the Director Partnerships to maintain brand integrity and support partner-related needs such as copy requests, partnership press releases, holiday gift guides and more.
- Monitor online social media platforms and other channels for peer-to-peer/independent fundraisers initiated by members of the general public to benefit EMC; provide brand assets, coordinate agreements, and manage acknowledgments and follow-up as needed.
- Manage and upkeep EMC’s creative asset library of photography, films, video assets, deal memos, shoot schedules and budgets, event and trip photos, and brand assets.
- Support photo and brand asset related requests from staff, including for press kits, development decks and other brand materials.
- Support in the writing, production and distribution of EMC’s annual impact report.
- Research opportunities and conduct outreach for screening EMC’s films including our Giving Birth in America docuseries, and coordinate/provide the necessary assets and materials to ensure success.
- Draft media updates for staff, Board members, Founder’s Circle and other key stakeholders.
- Provide general administrative, creative and logistical support for all EMC events.
- Manage the archiving and organization of any communications-related materials and provide communications support to colleagues across departments.
- Support the Communications, Development and Engagement team as a project manager.
- Continuously seek to understand the broader context of global and domestic maternal health issues, looking for opportunities for EMC to maintain its position as a change leader; keep up to date with current affairs, adjacent topics, trends and issues delivering a pipeline of fresh ideas in to the organization.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- 2+ years of relevant experience on a communications or marketing team with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related degree
- Outstanding writing skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Experience writing communications for a variety of audiences
- Extremely organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time and deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Excellent project management skills and track record of meeting deadlines
- Ability to conceptualize and deliver innovative and creative communications solutions
- Natural collaborator who is effortlessly able to maintain professionalism, composure and poise while working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing relationships with a variety of high-level leaders, from founders and Board members to CEOs and influencers
- Excellent relationship-building skills and strong cross-cultural sensitivity with the ability to interact with internal and external constituents from a diversity of backgrounds
- Respect for our core values of equity, respect, community and compassion, with a good humor
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially in PowerPoint
- Familiarity with new media tools and openness to expanding skills in this area
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite and experience working in online CMS (WordPress) and e-CRM (MailChimp) platforms a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title to which you are applying in the subject line of the application email.
Equal Opportunity Employer