CARE is looking for a Technical Advisor Youth and Livelihoods who will provide expertise, guidance, and technical support to CARE's Food and Water Systems projects and programs on youth and livelihoods. S/he will ensure that CARE's gender-transformative principles and practices are reflected and integrated in the high-quality programmatic implementation of youth and livelihood activities. In line with the "She Feeds the World Strategy" and CARE’s Global Food and Water Systems strategy, the Youth and Livelihoods Advisor will support resource mobilization efforts to advance CARE's work in the area of Food and Nutrition Security. The Advisor will collaborate/coordinate primarily with FWS Team, other donor mobilization efforts and the Competitive Bids Unit to support resource mobilization efforts to advance CARE's work in the area of youth and livelihoods within FWS programming.
The Youth and Livelihoods Advisor will also contribute to the execution of research, learning and knowledge management on youth and livelihoods for the FWS Unit. Such work may involve networking and sharing among CARE country offices, or it may involve sharing outside of CARE with staff of partners or other organizations. Working closely with STA-Youth and Livelihoods and the KML team in the FWS Unit, S/he will work closely with Country Office teams on program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building on youth and off-farm livelihoods activities. The Youth & Livelihoods Advisor will help ensure that staff continues to build on and enhance the impact of FWS approaches and deliverables by creating an inter-country platform for sharing best or promising practices, innovations, and learning. S/he will also ensure that program staff develops ambitious but realistic goals, providing them with ongoing assistance and support.
- Will provide expertise, guidance, and technical support to CARE's Food and Water Systems projects and programs on youth and livelihoods.
- Support resource mobilization efforts to advance CARE's youth and livelihoods work in FWS
- Participate in agency-wide, regional and international meetings to represent programs.
- The Advisor will support the capture / technical writing/peer-reviewing for youth developments components in the FWS new business initiatives
- Improve technical excellence & knowledge management in youth and livelihoods programming
- Contribute to the execution of research, learning and knowledge management on youth and livelihoods for the FWS Unit.
- Mentor/Coach/Lead CO-based staff on youth and livelihoods development approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in agri-business, agriculture, business administration, entrepreneurship, social sciences, rural development
- Sound knowledge of research processes, applications and tools
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience implementing, managing, and/or providing technical assistance to youth livelihoods programs in developing countries, including employment, entrepreneurship, and financial capability, especially in sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in proposal development , especially for US Government funding sources on youth and livelihoods programs Fluency in spoken and written French and English
- Demonstrated ability to conduct youth needs and labour market analysis and apply findings to a programmatic youth strategy
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate trainings and learning on gender and youth discrimination and girl’s empowerment (or other social justice issues)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse teams and effectively communicate new or sensitive topics
- Work experience in a developing country context
- Demonstrated ability to design and adapt program approaches that promote young empowerment programming in diverse cultural context
- Experience in inspiring and supporting colleagues to integrate youth into their work
How to Apply
To apply: Upload your cover letter and resume to CARE's career center. Please use the following link to apply https://bit.ly/3aeZ6IT.