The Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy (LAANE) has been in the forefront of the economic justice movement in L.A. since 1993. LAANE is known for its broad-based labor/community coalitions and its combination of organizing, research, communications, and policy development building on a long record of successful campaigns for progressive policies that benefit low-wage workers and low-income communities. For more information about our work, visit www.laane.org.
LAANE is seeking a motivated, personable, inquisitive and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to social justice, to join the development team as a full-time Development Associate and help with strategy, implementation and maintenance of its private fundraising program. LAANE’s development team is responsible for fundraising over $1.3 million annually in unrestricted funds to support LAANE’s work. This is a great opportunity to join an expert and creative team of development strategists.
The Development Associate works closely with a team of three and reports directly to the Director of Development.
- Identifying, sustaining and cultivating prospective and current donors
- Working closely with the organization’s leadership and Advisory Board Members to develop cultivation plans
- Managing and organizing all aspects of fundraising events
- Managing collaborative projects with various organization departments
- Providing accurate and timely fundraising reports
- Overseeing donor database
Please note this job description provides an overview of the position but is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Minimum five years work experience
- Alignment with the LAANE organizational values
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic and environmental justice
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, communications, creative, and computer skills
- Proactive, motivated self-starter who thrives in a team setting
- Able to work cross-functionally with various teams to meet department goals
- Ability to build deep and genuine relationships with various stakeholders, and a comfort level with a wide variety of sectors that make up the world of fundraising
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Fearless, strategic, and innovative approach to marketing LAANE’s work and the team brand, and to coming up with new ways to network and fundraise
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to assist team with year-long fundraising campaign
- Experience in donor cultivation and fundraising
- Experience with technology platforms, including HTML, donor database management (CIVI CRM) and email marketing applications (Mailchimp)
- Past project management experience
- Fundraising certification a plus
This is a full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week with some nights and weekends. Salary range is $54,000 to $58,000, dependent on experience, with generous benefits, including covering full health benefit premiums (health and dental), time off, and a 401k plan with an employer contribution. Friendly, team-oriented working environment.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. E-mail cover letter, resume and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Include “Development Associate” and full name in the subject line.
LAANE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. PEOPLE (AND ESPECIALLY WOMEN) OF COLOR, WOMEN, AND LGBTQ CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.