About Community Water Center
Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create regional movements for water justice in California, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable drinking water.
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to developing their skills. CWC currently has offices in Visalia, Sacramento and Watsonville.
The Fund Development Associate is primarily responsible for the implementation of organizational and fund development activities from the Watsonville office. This position will require occasional travel and ability to work evenings and weekends to accommodate fundraising activities, such as events, funder tours and funder deadlines. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors. This is a regular, exempt, full-time, salary position.
This position reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships and other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors.
- Implement fund development activities, including events, individual donor development, grants management and other efforts as needed.
- With support from the Director of Strategic Partnerships, lead the development and on-going implementation of a major donor tracking system
- Coordinate and support the development of donor communications, which include online, written, phone scripts or talking points and written materials such as Annual Reports
- Assist with the development and ongoing implementation of CWC’s Monthly Donor Program
- Support social fundraising efforts, including supporting individuals who want to raise money to benefit CWC, setting up social fundraising pages on CWC’s site, tracking progress, and supporting fundraising host with invites, thank yous and other support as needed
- Coordinate the development of grant proposals and reports, which includes summarizing key accomplishments tailored to the funders’ interests, pulling appropriate metrics, clear and compelling grant writing, working with our accountant, Nonprofit Suite, to develop financial reports, coordinating narrative contributions from staff members and submitting reports to funders
- Coordinate the scheduling of funder meetings, funder tours, preparation of presentations and materials for funders and other funder engagement and communications as needed.
- Manage and update the calendar of grant deadlines and list of active grant outcomes
- Ensure all relevant grant documents are uploaded to CWC’s Google Drive and relevant information shared with key staff and Nonprofit Suite
- Coordinate event planning and manage logistics including communication with venue and all event vendors
- Lead event sponsorship outreach, tracking and invoicing
- Lead event promotion and outreach
- Develop, or coordinate the development of, external event marketing and outreach materials and communications
- Manage day-of staff and volunteer assignments
- Coordinate with speakers and key attendees
- Create and send acknowledgement letters and thank you cards for donations and sponsorships received
- Send thank yous to event attendees, vendors, speakers and others
- Follow up on sponsorship payments and donation pledges
Manage and maintain internal systems and organizational development efforts including:
- CWC database management and analysis, which includes ongoing database maintenance; coordination of data entry, data analysis and preparation of reports; impact tracking; and communication with supporters using database software
Assist with day-to-day administrative coordination for the Watsonville Office, including checking mail, answering phones, getting supplies, setting up equipment, maintaining office organization, etc.
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
- Actively participate in program strategy and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Executive Director.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, sales or a related field
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple deadlines at a time
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Office Suites
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced office environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value self-improvement and seek evaluation
- 2+ years experience in fundraising
- Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
- Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color
- Experience working in the Central Valley and/or Salinas Valley
- Familiarity with key environmental justice issues in California
- Graphic design skills
- Web design skills
- Video editing skills
- Photo editing skills
Salary: Starting at $50,000; based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision and life insurance; retirement program contributions, generous vacation, family and sick leave and holiday policies; flexible work schedule; professional development opportunities and more. (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure and employment status, among other factors.)
How to Apply
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Christina Marquez, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org and note Fund Development Coordinator position - [your name] in the subject line.