New York Public Radio (NYPR) seeks a talented and passionate digital marketing professional to join its Membership team. NYPR is looking for a highly skilled and motivated candidate to develop and drive member acquisition campaigns across multiple platforms (primarily, podcasts, web properties, social, and email).
Reporting to the Senior Director, Acquisition & Digital Membership, this role will be responsible for acquiring members for our digital properties, primarily our successful portfolio of podcasts and our local news site, Gothamist.com.
This role will also be responsible for list building activities to build a prospect database that will serve as a primary source of new members. The successful candidate will be savvy in methods for driving acquisition from digital properties and will exhibit a results-oriented approach to increasing audience identification and engagement.
Senior Director, Acquisition & Digital Membership
- Develop and test strategies to find innovative ways to significantly grow revenue.
- Develop, test, and execute new member acquisition campaigns through a multichannel approach including web, email, mobile, social media, and podcasts. Create fundraising strategies to convert listeners/readers who have never donated by: identifying the listener/reader, engaging them, and ultimately converting them from listener/reader to donor.
- Create holistic, goal-oriented fundraising strategies based on audience research, message development, and data.
- Manage NYPR’s prospect lists, finding the best ways to convert prospects to donors.
- Collaborate with podcast & Gothamist teams to write, produce, edit, and schedule all digital engagement and fundraising asks.
- Collaborate with digital team to develop testing plans and test elements across different stages of the conversion funnel to improve key metrics including click-thru rates, landing page conversions, and average gift value.
- Produce, deploy, and QA all emails and landing pages associated with WNYC Studios podcasts and Gothamist.com.
- Monitor the latest trends in digital fundraising and propose adoption of new strategies and tools.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
- Creative and innovative manager with between 3 - 5 years of experience leading customer acquisition activities and growing revenue.
- Excellent collaborator with demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Flexibility to pioneer new approaches and pivot when needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with customer database or CRM. Preference given to candidates with Salesforce and Marketing Cloud experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume. New York Public Radio must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy