The Benida Group Foundations, located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, is currently seeking a Grants Manager who will provide support to the Foundation Director in coordinating grantmaking for four unique family foundations with diverse interest areas, such as medical research, disaster relief, human services, arts and culture, education, and social and environmental justice. The Grants Manager will work with the Foundation Director to design and implement grantmaking operations; ensure grantees’ compliance with grant terms and conditions; ensure integrity of the grants management database; and fulfill the information needs of the foundations’ various stakeholders such as clients and grantees.
The individual must be a highly organized, adaptable, detail oriented, multi-tasking, self-starter; with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and discreet in handling confidential matters. The individual must possess 5+ years of non-profit experience, preferably including grantmaking, and implementing workflow processes and procedures.
- Manage the board book production process.
- Oversee the due diligence process and documentation in compliance with IRS and foundation-specific regulations for all grantees, including those outside of the U.S.
- Communicate with grant applicants on the process of proposal and report submissions, answer routine inquiries from grant seekers/grantees.
- Track and monitor grants; ensure all pre- and post-grant requirements are met; create and monitor payment and reporting schedules via monthly reports.
- Draft grant award letters, contracts and other correspondence.
- Generate reports, analyses and data visualizations on grants.
- Recommend policies and/or procedures for special types of grants.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of grants data and files, including board decisions, activities, grant agreements, contact information, coding and other data in the database; Oversee Administrative and Grants Assistant with regard to grants data.
- Establish, maintain, and document procedures to ensure and improve workflow, efficiency, and grants data accuracy.
- Produce grant reports and analyses to inform the Foundation Director and Boards.
- Coordinate and update information on foundation website(s).
- Serve as Administrator of the grants database for all foundations, including training staff and acting as primary contact to vendor.
- Design, maintain and update all grantmaking forms, including correspondence and reporting templates and online grant applications.
- With support from the Administrative and Grants Assistant, handle select foundation related administrative matters such as coordinating meetings, transcribing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Serve as liaison to a select portion of grant applicants and grantees.
- Conduct research on various organizations and topics of interest to the foundations, report on findings through written summaries.
- Support peer review process, such as through compiling meeting notes
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
- 5 plus years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably grant administration. Experience with medical research grantmaking is a plus.
- Proficiency in grants management software (e.g. Blackbaud Grantmaking) or other complex database information systems.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-starter, with a passion for data management, customer service, and the missions of the foundations.
- Proven project management, database, reporting and analytical abilities.
- Proficiency in Excel and basic understanding of non-profit budgets.
- Excellent written, verbal, research and interpersonal skills; Sound judgment.
- A team player; proactive, independent thinker with a flexible/adaptable approach.
Commensurate with Experience
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter to HRDept@benida.com.