Senior Manager, Global Marketing
The Wikimedia Foundation seeks an innovative, collaborative leader to help define and oversee the execution of the global marketing plan to grow Wikipedia readership and editor usage worldwide. In this role, you will report to the Sr Director, Audience Engagement and will partner closely with the Wikimedia Foundation audience engagement insights and analytics team, communications, product, technology, advancement, partnership, legal and finance departments, and external marketing agencies. This position will lead the global marketing team responsible for the management and implementation of the growth marketing plan and content strategy. You will transform market research and audience insights into marketing plans inclusive of lifecycles and journeys, creative input briefs, media plans, content strategies to deliver target goals
As Senior Manager, Marketing you will be responsible for:
- Generating growth in Wikipedia readers and editors worldwide
- Increasing Wikipedia daily engagement across regions, languages, and cultures through paid and organic media channels.
- Building affinity and loyalty to the Wikipedia brand
- Search engine marketing and optimization
- Developing and overseeing the deployment of a solid content strategy inclusive of digital and social, and partnering with the communications team on content synergies and planning.
- Leading the marketing team responsible for the global marketing and audience growth and engagement plans, channel mix and content strategy, creative campaign input, media performance, and programmatic planning, and reporting.
- Contributing to the FY20/21 marketing growth plan by co-leading a cross-team of key Foundation members to align on the objectives, strategies, tactics, budgets, timelines and resource allocation.
- Developing a well-defined audience segmentation marketing strategy by partnering with audience engagement insights and analytics to leverage key audience segment potential, behaviors and ethnographics.
- Creating relevant global audience lifecycles supported by research, insights, phase signals and KPIs.
- Integrating the lifecycle with the product user experience for an optimal end-to-end experience.
- Providing business requirements for reporting, analytics, and dashboards to track near-real-time results and monitor progress toward goals.
- Empower and develop your direct reports to manage the day-to-day programs and lead initiatives through opportunities you create.
- Partner with external global marketing firms, communications, product, research and community engagement peers to establish a streamlined process to gather relevant input and identify integration opportunities.
- Own Wikipedia’s social footprint and digital strategy
- Be an expert on our lifecycle, growth markets, and audience segments
- Build a collaborative process to educate and update your partners on the lifecycle, end-to-end experience, target market and audience segmentation strategies, marketing programs and campaign results.
- Develop best practices for cultural inclusivity to ensure project work reflects diverse perspectives
- Oversee the management of global marketing agencies and campaign development, content strategy and execution.
- 7 - 10 year’s marketing research and multichannel strategy experience
- Global marketing experience
- SEM experience
- Content strategy and management experience
- Digital marketing strategy development experience
- Experience in audience segmentation strategy
- Integrated marketing and CRM plan development and execution oversight
- 7 - 10 years’ experience leading a team
- Program campaign analytics & measurement experience
Qualities that are important to us:
- Desire to work remotely
- Experience working across multiple time zones successfully
- Strong team development and empowerment skills
- Led brand awareness, lead gen, engagement and retention marketing programs
- Developed successful digital marketing and CRM strategies and campaigns
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to make objective data-based decisions
- Proven teamwork and collaboration history
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 19 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Eligible international workers' benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Diversity and inclusion information for Wikimedia workers, by the numbers
Annual Report - 2017
This is Wikimedia Foundation
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: https://grnh.se/6a39b0c21us