Who We Are
Warren Village exists so low-income, single-parent families can achieve sustainable personal and economic self-sufficiency. Having served nearly 4,800 children and parents since 1974, our Two-Generation (2Gen) approach transforms parents’ lives, improves children’s futures and strengthens the community. Our organization’s holistic approach includes safe and affordable housing, parent services and advocacy, and early education and childcare.
Like many human services nonprofits, Warren Village is on the front lines of the COVID19 pandemic response and support. Our residents and alumni, like many working poor in our society, will bear the brunt of the economic repercussions of the pandemic. Warren Village, thanks to great community support and smart financial planning, is well-positioned to weather this current phase and continue our push for growth in services. Now more than ever our model is needed. And now, more than ever, we seek a strategic and skilled development leader to take our fundraising to the next level in support of our aspirations for broader service in this community.
The VPD expands and diversifies Warren Village's donor base and pipeline by coaching and partnering with the President and CEO, organization and development team members, the board of trustees, committees, and other ambassador groups. The VPD confidently and charismatically builds and deepens donor relationships, Denver connections and civic partnerships. This position helps creatively elevate the brand, inspires the community and represents the organization. The VPD plays a critical role in the future success and expanded impact of Warren Village.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Development (VPD) serves on the leadership team of Warren Village and is responsible for the strategy, oversight and implementation of all fundraising, marketing, volunteer and resource development activities. The VPD manages, mentors and motivates a team of five development professionals in a relationship-based approach to increasing awareness, revenue and resources for the organization. Focused on creating and implementing the vision, plan, tactics and infrastructure needed to significantly increase contributed revenue above the current $2.4M annually raised, the VPD oversees all aspects of the cultivation and stewardship of major gifts, federal and state grants, corporate partnerships, special events, volunteers, and foundation support
What It Takes
Leading the fundraising and external relations functions for Warren Village takes a skilled, committed professional. We look for candidates who can commit to our core values and who have the experience needed to move our organization forward. Qualified candidates will have high energy and a demonstrated passion for our mission and can fully embody our core values in their daily work.
We want to hear from you if you are:
- A strategic thinker who can support and advise the President and CEO on issues related to fundraising and programmatic growth, organization replication and the pivotal role partnerships play
- An inclusive and collaborative leader who can develop, inspire and empower their team to exceed current performance levels
- A confident individual who can manage up to the CEO and Board and understands the intricacies of working with a Board of Trustees
Successful leaders in Warren Village also have these abilities and skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Energetic with an understanding of the value of creativity
- Possess a spirit of innovation and a love for learning new ways of working with a variety of communities
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Warren Village
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptionally conscientious with incredible attention to detail
We seek candidates who have:
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization including demonstrated success in a development leadership role with personnel management responsibilities
- Tangible experience of cultivating and expanding existing and new donor relationships with a focus on individual and corporate giving
- Experience creating, implementing and managing a relationship-based moves management system with multiple relationship managers
- Experience with sophisticated (high frequency, analytically robust) use of donor management software
- Experience working with all Microsoft Office applications
- Undergraduate degree preferred
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive, comprehensive set of benefits to our fulltime staff members:
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- 403(b) plan with company match up to 2%
- Group health, dental, and vision insurance (low to no cost premium plans offered)
- $430 monthly stipend for health and other benefit costs
- Paid holidays – 9 to 10 per year currently
- Generous Personal Time Off (3 weeks per year in first year, 4 weeks in subsequent years)
- Generous sick time (8 days per year)
- Professional Development allocation
How to Apply
Ready to Apply?
If you are ready to step up to this challenge, then we want to hear from you as soon as possible. Please send a cover letter, resume, and your salary requirements to CareersVPD@warrenvillage.org. All applications are to be submitted electronically. To learn more about this position and our work, please visit us at https://warrenvillage.org/about-us/#careers.