Heifer International works in 25 countries to attain sustainable livelihoods through community-owned interventions and has provided more than 32 million families with the tools and training to lift themselves from poverty. By organizing their work into large-scale programs consisting of strategic initiatives that aim to meet the long-term needs of communities in many parts of the globe, Heifer creates deeper impact in the lives of their project partners by improving access to income, education, sanitation, water sources, health care and infrastructure. For more information please visit https://www.heifer.org.
KEES has been exclusively retained by Heifer International in its search for a new Director of Philanthropy, Mid-Atlantic Region.
Heifer International is seeking a phenomenal major gift fundraiser to serve in the role of Director of Philanthropy, serving donors in Greater Baltimore, Philadelphia, and throughout the Mid-Atlantic (i.e. Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Delaware, Virginia, and Pennsylvania).
The Director of Philanthropy works to cultivate, solicit, steward and retain a qualified portfolio of donors and prospects with the capacity to give six and seven-figure leadership level gifts. This position will work remotely from a home office and travel frequently both within their region and, on occasion, nationally, and internationally. The candidate must reside in the Greater Baltimore area or Greater Philadelphia region.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience in fundraising with an emphasis on major gifts. Demonstrated ability in building a robust pipeline of qualified donors through effective research and cultivation strategies.
- Proven fundraising skills, including major donor development with experience in proactive donor cultivation and tailored asks based on donor interests. Ability to prospect, cultivate, and acquire donations from high net worth individuals.
- Demonstrated success in securing resources through grant applications and written proposals. Ability to prepare and present documents and reports in a well-designed, attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of and experience with raising funds within the philanthropic culture of the assigned region.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, with the aptitude to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Willingness and capability to work effectively from a home office, as well as travel frequently both within the region and, on occasion, nationally and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. It is preferred that the Director of Philanthropy for this region live in the Greater Baltimore area or Greater Philadelphia region.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
How to Apply
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: https://bit.ly/DOP-MidA
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President & CEO, and Megan DeVoe, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEES is a retained executive search and consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders. Founded in 2013 as an expansion of Alford Executive Search, KEES partners specifically with nonprofit organizations to provide an array of search, leadership, interim staffing and human resources support. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.