The Hunger Network has been working to end hunger and build a healthier community for over 25 years. As one of Cuyahoga County’s largest emergency food providers, the Hunger Network continues to lead the way through innovation and with nontraditional approaches to serving our neighbors in need. With 72 Hunger Centers strategically placed across Cuyahoga County, we provide emergency food supplies and hot meals to our neighbors who need it most. Through Hunger Network Food Rescue, we are focused on revolutionizing the last mile of the logistics chain. With over 50 donors and 100 nonprofit recipients beyond our own Hunger Centers, we bridge the gap between hunger and food waste and bring food access closer to those who need it. By partnering with health care students and professionals, we also provide health screenings, nutrition education, and connections to medical providers to increase community wellness and counter the long-term effects of hunger.
The Marketing and Communications Manager position is a vital part of the Development Department and is responsible for online fundraising marketing, communications, digital and social media outreach to increase awareness of the Hunger Network’s programs, services, events, and community engagement.
Director of Development
- Create thoughtful, educational content to ensure current and prospective donors are informed and engaged with our work
- Enhance stewardship of donor communications by creating follow-up content and campaigns for donors
- Identify and execute digital opportunities to inspire our community to fundraise for the Hunger Network
- Develop toolkits that empower constituents to fundraise digitally for events and other crowdfunding campaigns
- Generate content and engagement across all digital media platforms that moves users to donate and/or fundraise
- Write and disseminate all press releases, media alerts and informational documents
- Serve as the main point of contact for all media and address media requests
- Track media coverage and work to expand and build meaningful relationships with an established media database
- Research media coverage and industry trends
Graphic Design / Visual Communication:
- Maintain brand consistency across all platforms and materials
- Design and create collateral for organization, fundraising, events, and campaigns
- Design quarterly newsletter and annual report, flyers, banners, posters, infographics, and other marketing materials.
- Maintain photo and video library.
- Establish meetings and implement processes to determine communication needs, strategy, schedule and opportunities
- Work cross all departments to ensure brand consistency and information accuracy for publications, website, and media.
- Social Media:
- Manage existing social media platforms and identify new opportunities to remain current with trends and best practices
- Create content for a compelling content calendar and campaigns reflecting the Hunger Network’s mission to fuel audience and traffic growth
- Lead social media strategies that ensures all content aligns with the Hunger Network’s mission, vision and marketing goals
- Utilize content management platform (Hootsuite) to schedule content and manage engagement and analytics
- Manage ad campaigns and digital fundraising strategies
- Collaborate with local social media influencers to advocate for the Hunger Network’s mission and support revenue generation and brand awareness goals
- Create and update content for the Hunger Network’s website, collaborating with the web developer when necessary.
- Utilize assessment tools such as Google Analytics to analyze website performance and identify improvements in user experience.
- Email Marketing:
- Create email campaigns, including monthly eNewsletter,
- Oversee email lists, segmentation and content development
- Analyze email metrics, sharing results and adjust strategies based on outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of related experience in marketing and communications.
- 3+ years of related experience in non-profit agency operations is desirable.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, Classy, Microsoft Office Suite, and graphic design principles are a plus.
- Budget management and cost estimating is desirable
Commensurate with experience
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills, graphic design
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- This is a 40 hour/week position
- Some weekends and evenings
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Background check
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.