The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world.
The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. Impact investing is one of the most important innovations of our time. It has achieved incredible growth and captured widespread interest. The GIIN, now nearly ten years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 320 members in 45 countries. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org
The Development Officer will support fundraising efforts and partnership management with current and prospective funders in a fast-paced, dynamic organization that is at the forefront of the impact investing movement. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the GIIN’s next phase of growth, helping to realize its vision of a world where financial markets serve all members of society and harness the power of finance to solve critical social and environmental challenges facing the global community. This position offers front-row exposure to the growing impact investing industry and the chance to join a team dedicated to building the market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and writing of compelling grant proposals for partners that include foundations, government aid agencies, and corporations.
- Produce informative progress reports for funders, elevating key achievements of GIIN programs and activities relative to funder priorities.
- Manage internal reporting by GIIN program teams, including:
- Gathering and ensuring quality, accuracy, and relevance of information/data
- Collaborating with program staff to ensure appropriate framing or presentation of activities
- Assume or support grant management for assigned portfolio of funders, including:
- Coordinating with program teams to ensure timely execution of grant deliverables and requirements
- Coordinating all administrative details pertaining to grant processing and reporting with the GIIN’s Finance and Operations team
- Tracking relevant funder information; proposal and reporting timelines; and grant requirements, activities, and work plans using Salesforce and other internal systems
- Corresponding with funders as needed
- Create and update fundraising and other reports for internal stakeholders, including the GIIN Board of Directors, as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research on funding activities and priorities of prospective funders.
The ideal candidate is a strong and experienced writer, proactive problem-solver, energetic team-player, and quick learner who thrives at synthesizing information and drafting clear, compelling narratives; is adept at managing multiple projects; and is resourceful and collaborative. Exposure to development work, particularly partnerships with bilateral donors, is highly desired.
The Development Officer must have:
- Superb writing skills with the ability to develop compelling narratives that clearly communicate complex ideas
- Excellent project management skills
- Close attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (communications or related degree a plus)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize complex information from a variety of stakeholders, to develop compelling narratives
- Experience producing different forms of written communications for external stakeholders
- Experience managing internal or external stakeholder relationships
- Proactive orientation to problem-solving and high standards of performance
- Team-oriented, professional, resourceful, flexible, and highly responsible
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in Salesforce or similar CRM tool a plus
- Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
How to Apply
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com. State “Development Officer_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.