Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has unlocked the limitless potential of more than 1.8 million New York City children from low-income communities. Each year, thousands of children experience outdoor summer adventures through visits with volunteer host families along the East Coast and Southern Canada and at The Fund's camps in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley. Fresh Air children also participate in year-round leadership and educational programs. The Fresh Air Fund is an independent, not-for-profit organization.
The Fresh Air Fund (The Fund) seeks an experienced Development Database professional to manage its fundraising database. The Development Database Manager oversees the flow of information into and out of The Fund’s fundraising CRM, Salesforce’s Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). The manager is an important part of the donor relations team, responsible for gift processing, reporting, vendor relations, and training of Development staff. Salesforce is being implemented organization wide as the CRM for all constituents, thus the Manager will be the liaison from the Development Department to The Fund’s Salesforce Administration team to ensure coordination in how data is viewed and used. The Manager will also be part of the team working with The Fund's direct marketing agency in ensuring the smooth transfer of necessary data. The Manager will also be able to quickly learn and help oversee third party platforms used by the Development Department. Candidates will demonstrate commitment to maintaining high quality of data integrity and to seeking ways to create efficiencies. This is a full-time position based in The Fund’s NYC office and reports to the Director of Development.
Director of Development
- Manage the donor database (Salesforce’s NPSP), ensuring excellent data integrity and systems; develop and implement best practices and business rules for use of NPSP.
- Execute gift processing, including checks, importing information from caging operation and credit card company; run acknowledgement letters.
- Create and execute reports for direct marketing, finance, special events and other special projects as needed; develop new reports that assist the development efforts in using data to inform its fundraising operations.
- Seek out and implement ways to improve efficiency in departmental practices.
- Perform regular data maintenance functions including removal of duplicate records.
- Act as department liaison with the Finance & IT department.
- Oversee relationship with all vendors related to gift processing, including caging vendor, credit card processing and any third-party platforms
- Member of team working with Direct Marketing vendor in ensuring coordinated transfer of data.
- Provide training on NPSP for development staff and interns as needed.
- Support donor events in NYC and at The Fund’s camps as necessary.
- College degree with two to three years’ experience in a professional office setting and one to two years’ experience in using and managing Salesforce NPSP in a development department setting; knowledge of Salesforce NPSP required.
- Comfort with learning new systems and technology; knowledge of FormAssembly and Apsona a plus.
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for The Fresh Air Fund’s mission and work
- Excellent problem-solving ability; comfortable with researching solutions independently to provide best options to key stakeholders
- Keen attention to details and a quick learner
- Excellent analytical skills • Patient and friendly, with a high degree of professionalism
- Experience with managing vendor relations
- Ability to work independently and to work comfortably with a wide variety of people at different levels within and outside of the organization
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities
How to Apply
Please email resumes and cover letters to Elizabeth Portland at email@example.com with Development Database Manager in the subject line. No calls please.
The Fresh Air Fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.