EAC Network is seeking a Vice President for The Human Resources Department, located in Hempstead, NY. The position is full time, Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for developing and directing Human Resource activities toward achieving company objectives and enhancing the effective operation of the Corporation.
President & CEO
- Direct the overall administration, planning, and coordination of the Human Resources Department.
- Develop and implement Human Resources strategic plan in concert with agency strategic initiatives.
- Direct management of the HRIS.
- Develop and implement new systems and policies necessary to enhance operations.
- Direct recruitment and placement programs, ensuring compliance with governmental regulations.
- Develop Human Resources policies and procedures and direct their implementation and application throughout the Company.
- Direct the administration of agency 401(k), Workers Compensation, commercial insurance, EAP, health insurance programs and services. Manage the selection and negotiation of provides/benefits and programs, considering agency/employee needs, services, quality and cost control.
- Direct on-boarding and training and development.
- Direct hiring, termination, supervision, and evaluation of staff members. Provide the stimulus, incentive, and guidance, which allows for individual growth of staff.
- Develop wage and salary policies and structure.
- Develop an annual performance review process, including training for supervisors.
- Develop and implement a succession planning process for key positions throughout the agency.
- Counsel management regarding employee relations and professional development.
- Implement sound risk management policies, including establishing and maintaining a safety committee.
- Prepare, review and submit agency 5500 reports.
- Determine whether the agency should protest unemployment claims and oversee the submission of the required information. Attend hearings when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of legal updates and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Attend Board Finance Committee meetings.
- Customarily and regularly exercises discretionary powers.
- M.A./M.S. or M.B.A. in related field required. SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience required, preferably in a not-for-profit setting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or HRIS database software necessary to perform work assignments
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Apply using Link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=18692&clientkey=482E0819E86020A234308CF26CCD0B5C