EAC Network seeks a bilingual Case Manager (English/Spanish) in Nassau County for its Nassau Adult Guardianship program. The position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with flexibility for eves/weekends. Position offers excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
The Bilingual Case Manager for Nassau Adult Guardianship is responsible for all aspects, including personal needs and/or property management of home-based intervention services and case management for incapacitated adults in the Community Guardianship Program, particularly for Spanish-speaking clients.
- Within 72 business hours of assignment, contact the relevant parties to begin the fact-finding process and begin developing a service plan, consisting of social, administrative, fiscal, and legal services for Guardianship clients.
- Provide case management support including home visits, telephone reassurance, advocacy and encouragement for clients struggling with problems such as substance abuse, mental illness, housing, and finances.
- Transport and escort clients in own vehicle if necessary to and from appointments when needed to obtain emergency resources or to complete applications.
- Participate in case conferencing for case review and decision-making.
- Maintain up-to-date progress notes on all assigned cases.
- Communicate with judges, referees, lawyers, and DSS caseworkers regarding program participants as well as presenting to community referral sources.
- Complete and submit Initial Report, Interim Reports, Annual Reports and court updates for clients.
- Provide progress notes to finance department for billing.
- Develop measurement strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of the programs.
- Bachelors Degree in social or behavioral sciences required.
- Must be proficient in office and computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, Calendar, and e-mail and/or database software skills necessary to perform job responsibilities.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to motivate clients.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid NY State Drivers license.
Salary commensurate with experience.