EAC Network seeks a Housing/Entitlement Specialist for Manhattan Community Re-entry Assistance Network (CRAN) Community Transitional Case Management program (CTMC). The position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with some possible evenings and Saturday hours. The position offers excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
The CRAN Housing/Entitlement Specialist Community Transitions Case Management Team (CTMC) is responsible for assisting CRAN clients in receiving eligible entitlements, benefits, and housing
- Screen participants to assess their eligibility for entitlements, benefits, and housing.
- Prepare and assist clients with applying for benefits.
- Prepare and assist clients with the housing application/interview process.
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with permanent housing providers, real estate brokers, managing agents and landlords as a resource for participants.
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with community agencies that can access entitlement/benefits for our clients.
- Monitor clients in treatment to support recovery.
- Maintain client records, including progress notes and toxicology results.
- Prepare written reports as needed
- Investigate and arrange supportive services for clients.
- Escort clients to treatment facilities and appointments when indicated.
- Perform drug testing.
- Bachelors degree in Forensic Psychology, Psychology, Criminal Justice or behavioral science required or a significant combination of education and experience in assisting clients in obtaining entitlements and/or obtaining housing.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with treatment and criminal justice systems.
- Availability for possible evening and Saturday hours required.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
Salary commensurate with experience.