DCS implements client services using an empowerment, anti-racist, anti-poverty framework that engages participants primarily from Central Brooklyn within the following categories:
- Access to quality healthcare- based on the knowledge that health disparities exist especially in maternal health and the management of chronic conditions
- Youth Development using healing centered engagement
- Residential Services for Homeless Youth to secure optimal futures
- HIV prevention and care - with a focus on women of color, LGBTQIA communities of color including MSM of color as a priority population
Diaspora Community Services seeks a Communication and Development Coordinator to focus on content development, social media management, and fundraising support.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Director and requires an individual who can work independently and is solution oriented, using creative idea and thought.
- Develop a communication plan that accurately reflects our brand and voice on all marketing and development materials.
- Oversee all social media efforts by creating and executing engaging content
- Design and execute organizational newsletters/eblasts, promotional video content, and printed collateral as needed.
- Develop and support institutional fundraising efforts by maintaining an internal grant calendar and collating grant materials working in support and to coordinate program managers and our development grant writers.
- Support individual fundraising efforts through acknowledgements, database maintenance, and special event support.
- Have relevant education, development and communications work experience that would apply to this position.
- Have exceptional communication skills and comfortable with writing projects and graphic design. (Video editing experience is a plus!)
- Able to be a team player that loves to be creative and goal oriented while ensuring projects are completed in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
*Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, this position will likely start work remotely, but will transition to in-person hours when this is safe and possible.
Diaspora Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
We offer competitive packages including comprehensive health insurance, 403B, paid holidays, generous PTO, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org