Philanthropic + Nonprofit Consulting (PNC) offers philanthropic advising and consulting services to foundations, donors, funder affinity groups, nonprofits and agencies on a range of critical environmental, gender, racial, social justice, and intersectional issues in California and nationally. Along with other projects, PNC manages the Race, Gender and Human Rights Fund (RGHR), which supports efforts that challenge the criminal justice system and mass incarceration in California and center the leadership of formerly incarcerated women. The RGHR Fund supports the criminal justice field through strategic grantmaking, convenings, donor education and partnerships to advance systemic change in California and foster collective impact.
Philanthropic + Nonprofit Consulting seeks an experienced, skilled and justice-oriented part-time assistant to provide flexible (as needed) administrative support to various projects in the consulting practice. A primary focus will be support for the RGHR Fund, which is housed at the East Bay Community Foundation.
The Admin Assistant will be responsible for: (1) effectively supporting the RGHR Fund’s manager and donors; (2 ) the efficient execution of internal systems, updates and maintenance; (3) coordinating and providing logistical support for meetings and events; and (4) other administrative support work as needed.This position is perfect for someone with solid administrative and logistical coordination skills, a passion for social justice and the desire for a flexible work schedule. It combines attention to detail, flexibility, exemplary customer service, the chance to work on meaningful projects, and the desire to be part of a wonderful team. We seek a skilled professional who is excited about lending their talents, passion and experience to help make PNC projects run effectively.
The hours required for this position are not set and will vary weekly and monthly depending on project needs. On average, the position will require 20-35 hours per month with a flexible schedule. The number of hours required might increase with additional projects.
Philanthropic + Nonprofit Consulting Principal
Support for meeting logistics:
- Technology coordination (set up of video/Zoom conferencing, conference call lines, etc.)
- Reserve rooms/meeting spaces
- Order food for meetings
- Meeting room setup and clean up
- Make copies of meeting materials
- Organize and maintain shared virtual platforms (i.e., Dropbox, Google folders, etc.)
- Schedule meetings and calls
- Track expenditures
- Provide logistical support for events, site visits and convenings (i.e., securing venues, Zoom, food, travel, materials and any other logistics as required)
- Support with electronic surveys
- Track and advance action items and project next steps
- Engage in online research
- Tech support
- Copy-editing and review of materials
- Work with the East Bay Community Foundation as needed
- Represent PNC and the RGHR Fund professionally and with hospitality at meetings and events
- Other services as requested
- Passion for working to advance justice, equity and people power, and that challenge oppression.
- At least 3+ years of office and administrative experience, preferably in philanthropy or nonprofits.
- Relationship building skills with a diversity of people, aimed at build trust, authentic relationships and collegiality.
- Independent Self Starter who works effectively remotely.
- Accountable and Results-oriented: has excellent follow through and is accountable, timely, determined, creative, and solutions-oriented.
- Confidentiality: maintains discretion and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong project management: A strong track record of advancing work plans, setting measurable targets, balancing multiple tasks and projects, and meeting deadlines. Strong administrative acumen and an excellent attention to detail.
- Curiosity, creativity, and willingness to learn: Ability to work with curiosity, humor, integrity, compassion, and optimism.
- Excellent communication skills: Communicates well and in a timely manner.
- Team-player: Highly collaborative, flexible, and open to shifting priorities and timelines, and an ability to identify new, creative solutions.
- Strong Tech Proficiency in Microsoft WORD suite, Dropbox, Google, Zoom, etc.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
$35-45 per hour, depending on experience
- Strategic thinking skills with the ability to think big picture, while also holding the importance of how effective administrative support contributes to PNC’s projects.
- Knowledge of the Bay Area and California’s philanthropy, nonprofit and social justice landscapes.
- Experience working on criminal justice, environmental, gender justice, Indigenous rights or other intersectional equity and justice issues.
We know there are great candidates who might not fit everything described above, but who have important skills we haven’t thought of and would be an asset to our team. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
How to Apply
Please submit a brief cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and list PNC + RGHR Admin Assistant Application in the subject line by Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Any application without all three requirements will not be considered.