The Neighborhood Design Center, founded in 1968, provides access to low cost and pro bono design services in underserved communities in Baltimore City and Prince George’s County, MD. In collaboration with neighborhood groups, local government agencies, and fellow nonprofits, we support locally driven initiatives for neighborhoods pursuing improved quality of life within their built environments. More about NDC: www.ndc-md.org.
Development Associate and Human Resources Specialist The Neighborhood Design Center seeks a personable and organized individual to implement human resources, office procedures, and fundraising/development tasks at our Baltimore City office with occasional travel to our Prince George’s County office.
At NDC, you would be supporting passionate staff from varied design backgrounds. The position is immediately supervised by the Deputy Director; however, tasks include collaboration with all members of the Executive & Finance Team, which is comprised of the Executive Director, Deputy Director, Bookkeeper, and Enterprise Development Director.
This position includes responsibilities in support of the organization’s development department, oversight of human resources tasks, office management, and support of the accounting department. All four areas require report preparation, clear and timely communications, and attention to detail.Development responsibilities include support of core fundraising functions including donation tracking and reporting, donor/funder communications and correspondence, event planning, managing CMS software, researching funding sources and prospects, and providing administrative support.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years of administrative, operational experience in a nonprofit or comparable experience
- Comfortable and proficient with technology (computers, phones, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and various cloud-based software. Proficiency with donor management software, Neon preferred.)
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder who possesses the ability to respond to and prioritize information and tasks quickly and work efficiently, bringing tasks to completion
- Able to respond to and prioritize information and tasks quickly and work efficiently, bringing tasks to completion
- Must be organized and work well in a team environment with outstanding attention to detail and organization
- Ability to process and track complex information and to systematize processes
- Critical thinker and problem solver who is able to adapt quickly
- Independent, self-motivated, and self-aware who knows when to ask for feedback and input
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to applying an anti-oppression lens to administrative work
- Have an interest in Baltimore City and Prince George’s County culture and neighborhoods
- Have a strong personal commitment to community health, design, and social justice
- Be aware and supportive of aesthetic considerations associated with a design center
- Have a sense of humor and enjoy working not only as a self-starter but as part of a team; a natural cheerleader
- Have the ability and want to work flexible hours, might work best with lifestyle of coming back to work after some time off and/or also have other employment/school/family responsibilities
- Perform other tasks as identified by the Executive Team
The compensation range is $22-$25 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience. This is a part-time, flexible position with paid sick time. The position requires 20-30 hours/week spread over 4-5 days/week.
This is a part time position for 20-30 hours/week. Must be able to sit at desk and utilize computer for extended periods of time. Occasional physical tasks may include lifting up to 15 lbs.NDC has an open office environment. Extra care and consideration are required to ensure that the open office is a productive place for all team members. As this is a small nonprofit work environment, tasks are varied. A flexible mindset and willingness to 'pitch in' are highly valued. The Neighborhood Design Center is a team-oriented and creative work environment.NDC abides by guidance set by the State of Maryland, Baltimore City, and Prince George’s County for office capacity, group assemblies, and site visits. It is understood that these measures are evolving according to the latest Covid-19 health directives from local government and accepted best practices. Currently, NDC has an open office environment. Upon return to work in the office, extra consideration will be taken to ensure that the open office is a productive and safe place for all team members.
Closing DateOpen until filled, first round of applicant reviews will take place the week of August 10, 2020.Equal Opportunity EmployerNDC is an equal opportunity employer. Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We actively recruit, and support the retention and advancement of persons of diverse backgrounds within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and membership with diverse identities and backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a creative and vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive. To that end, we are committed to fostering a workplace culture where all employees are equally included, valued, and supported.
How to Apply
Submit your application, including resume and cover letter, here: