RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same.
RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’re looking for enthusiastic new minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more. We believe our political system should reflect the varied voices of our nation, and so should our team. That’s why we’re an Equal Opportunity Employer; people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In 2018, we helped pass 23 anti-corruption measures—a historic year for the movement.
We’re headquartered in Northampton, MA and also have staff around the country. Come win with us!
Under the direction of the Director of Unrig, the Event Marketing Project Manager will be responsible for the marketing plan and execution for three upcoming virtual events (with the possibility of additional events). Event marketing channels include email, social, ads, texting, website, and press.This position runs from August 1st, 2020 to September 30th, 2020.
Director of Unrig
- Owning the marketing plan and execution for 3 upcoming online events (with the possibility of additional events).
- Reviewing previous event marketing plans and delivering a proposed plan for each event, across email, social, ads, texting, website, press, and other channels as appropriate.
- Building a timeline for content creation, feedback, approvals, launch, day-of marketing, and attendee follow up.
- Drafting all copy for email, social, and event pages; sending all event emails.
- Coordinating event marketing deliverables for social, ads, texting, website, and press to RepresentUs staff and overseeing execution.
- Working with internal staff to produce graphics or video as needed to promote and follow up on events.
- Coordinating and communicating with project staff, getting approval from project stakeholders, and incorporating staff feedback on strategies and creative.
- Tracking event marketing progress in the RepresentUs project management platform (Monday.com).
- Ensuring proper tracking on all promotions.
- Creating a day-of marketing staffing plan and overseeing day-of marketing staff.
- Reporting on attendee RSVP count and producing a wrap-up report on the results of event promotion and attendance by channel.
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans, ideally for events.
- Excellent digital writing skills, particularly for email, event pages, and social media.
- Experience tracking and analyzing results to determine which marketing efforts are driving attendance and desired outcomes from events.
- Experience managing projects and small teams.
- Track record of quickly learning and adopting new software and technology.
- Ability to integrate into existing organizational systems and structures.
- Organized and proficient at managing multiple projects at the same time.
This position is a part-time, contract position ranging from 20-30 hours per week.
Hours are negotiable. Candidates should expect to be available during regular office hours (EST preferred) to facilitate coordination with our staff and expect to work 8+ hours in the immediate lead-up to events and on event days.
The hourly pay range for the Event Marketing Project Manager position is $40-$55 per hour, depending on location and experience.
This is a remote position. No phone calls please.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 work samples of email / page / social content from an event, campaign, or other marketing effort you planned and executed.