Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $200 million to schools serving more than 25,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Recently, EFF recapitalized on the bond market, allowing us to scale our fund significantly over the coming months and years.
If you’re seeking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Director of Strategy will play a leading role in facilitating EFF’s growth as we strive to transform capital access for schools and communities. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the role will prepare key analyses and recommendations for EFF leadership and various stakeholders. This will include initiatives like:
- working with senior leadership to plan EFF’s long-term strategy and capital structure to maximize impact for schools and ensure fund sustainability
- developing and implementing marketing and outreach plans to support fundraising activities and loan pipeline development
- contributing to EFF’s efforts to solicit alternative sources of investment
- leading the creation of collateral and materials that demonstrate EFF’s impact and thought leadership in education and financial services sectors
- developing and managing the organization’s communications platforms
- assisting in procuring strategy-aligned press opportunities
This person should possess superb analytical skills as well as an exceptional ability to synthesize and communicate data and information. The ideal candidate will be deeply invested in EFF’s mission and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- An effective communicator. You're capable of internalizing the the voice, vision and mission of EFF and developing various types of communications and materials for varied audiences and purposes.You know when materials need to demonstrate informative analysis and when inspirational, mission-aligned content is the best approach. You get excited about creating content that communicates effectively to board members, funders, and investors.
- Special projects are your thing. You love taking on new, uncharted territory (e.g. external financing initiatives or internal systems refinement) for an organization, helping senior leaders to see where there are linkages across the work and creating operational efficiencies and new processes along the way.
- You love the big picture and the nuts & bolts. You enjoy the challenge of synthesizing and executing big picture ideas and have strong strategic thinking and project execution abilities. Whether it’s on your own or with others, your experience, transparency, and organization allow you to get the nuts and bolts in place in record time, always with support and input from the rest of the organization.
- Mission focused & driven. Experienced in leading relevant functions in organizations that look to innovate around some of society's greatest needs, you have a passion for making things better for the next generation and work tirelessly to ensure progress is made each day toward achieving that goal. Your enthusiasm is relentless and helps sustain and drive others in the organization. Your relentless focus on our mission and impact helps to transform and grow how we do our work.
- At least five years of professional experience in consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or nonprofit finance.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field is highly preferred.
- “Must Love Schools” -- passionate about the education sector. Experience supporting education or other nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Outstanding communications skills and experience composing materials - including PowerPoints and written summaries - for key external stakeholder audiences.
- Exemplary analytical and writing skills.
- Highly organized and strategic thinker.
- Self-starter with experience working in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with the Google suite of applications (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission, team, and school partners.
- High degree of integrity and authenticity and a good sense of humor.
At EFF, we believe that people are the most important asset to deliver on our mission to create equity within the charter school funding space. Working with us means that you will have:
- Flexibility in your working schedule. We’re an “accountability with autonomy” team. This means that as long as we’re exceeding our goals we enjoy things like flex Fridays and unlimited PTO.
- Access to a rock star health plan. We pay up to 90% of medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and contribute partially for spouse/kids/family members.
- Support to plan for your future. We offer a 401(k) dollar for dollar match of employee contributions, up to 6% of your total salary.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website: https://boards.greenhouse.io/eqfund/jobs/4586777002?t=28b7fd3b2