Hadassah, the Women’s Zionist Organization of America, is a volunteer organization that inspires a passion for and commitment to the land, the people, and the future of Israel. Through education, advocacy, and youth development, and its support of medical care and research at Hadassah Medical Organization, Hadassah enhances the health and lives of people in Israel, the United States and worldwide.
Hadassah the Women’s Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA), is looking for a Digital Editor for Hadassah Magazine, a national publication focused on Jewish women. This is a unique opportunity to help transform the online presence of one of the largest-circulation Jewish media outlets. The Digital Editor will be responsible for managing the digital operation with the goal of driving audience development and engagement.
- Create and implement a social media strategy that expands the magazine’s reach on social networks and increases traffic to the magazine’s website.
- Write, edit and post original content.
- Create photo and video content for Hadassahmagazine.org and for social media platforms
- Produce and manage the magazine’s monthly e-newsletter and other digital projects.
- Work with the magazine’s senior editors to manage the magazine’s website and ensure that site content is up-to-date and engaging.
- Develop partnerships and cultivate relationships with other outlets with complementary goals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 plus years of experience in digital journalism and social media
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comfort and experience with WordPress CMS
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (F/T/IG/P and YouTube), SEO and analytics
- Highly motivated and team-oriented
- Stellar writing and editing skills
- Self-starter who is quick, efficient and capable of meeting tight deadlines required by digital work and makes it a priority to stay on top of the evolving digital landscape