As the first settlement house in the nation and for over 130 years, University Settlement has been empowering New York residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
As the Donor Researcher, you will assist the University Settlement’s Development team in building its individual giving and corporate partnership programs. You are highly focused on researching potential donors and corporate partners that are aligned with the mission of the Settlement. Success will be measured by the number of visits (phone calls, virtual visits, and possible socially distanced in-person meetings) realized based on your work. This is a non-union time limited position (September 7, 2020– December 31, 2020)
Supervisor: Managing Director of Individual Giving
What You Will Be Doing:
- Review and research current donors and corporate partners to identify and increased involvement for those with increased giving capacities and inclination to support
- Use online research to identify new potential donors and corporate partners
- Create and present reports and outreach strategies for all identified donors and corporate partners to include mail, phone, virtual meetings, and in-person meetings – outreach to include the involvement of the Executive Director, development staff, program leaders, and Board members, as appropriate
What We Are Looking For:
- You have 5+ years in development with experience building a constituent base and online research.
- You are skilled with presentation skills.
- Experience working with online research tools and are able to use a database to track donor information.
- Interest in creative teamwork and ability to work remotely
- You are able to attend some evening events or meetings.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have strong project management and organizational skills
- knowledge of how to use a database to track and leverage donor information
- Strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Willingness to follow University Settlement’s mission and be an advocate for your programs, participants, and community